Beef short ribs with new home made BBQ Sauce!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Some mid week shorties on the mini. Been experimenting with a BBQ sauce modified from my PP finishing/dipping sauce and wow it's fantastic! I think ninja did something similar. Here ya go, I mopped it on a few times the last half hour.

Note the red pepper flakes....mmmmm :-D

Give up the recipe!!!

Here's my PP finishing and dipping sauce. I just add a little more catsup and a little more brown sugar, and maybe a little more red pepper flakes, reduce it a little then it thickens some as it cools.

Just modify it to your liking.

1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup catsup ( I use all natural- no corn syrup)
TB red pepper flakes
TS worstershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
TS salt
TS cayenne pepper

Simmer after you make it and again before serving.

Those look wonderful, I have yet to find a nice pack of shorties, not sure where to find them around here..

It took me a minute to recover from the thought of sauce on short ribs... :-D OK, now that I am over that they look real good.

It took me a minute to recover from the thought of sauce on short ribs... :-D OK, now that I am over that they look real good.

Yea it wasn't easy for me either but since it wasn't like a "traditional" sauce I was willing to try it. Definitely do it again even though i will always like the simple SPOG shorties!:-D

Looks great. You're sauce is extremely close tomy recipe, but yours looks shinier/stickier. Maybe just the camera flash. Shorties. Yum!

Back