Paul kirks championship sauces, rubs, etc book

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
ANy one have this book. Im like the other brother, i want to know before i buy.

thanx

I dont personally have it, but I did get a chance to really check it out at a friends house and will be buying it ASAP!

What would you like to know?

I have this book and consider it one of the better BBQ books out there. For some, it may delve too deeply into the making of what many think of as kitchen basics. (ketchup, Worcester sauce and the like) However, for me, knowing something about the most 'ground level' ingredients is a good thing.

I highly recommend this book.

It's a good one. Not only are there plenty of recipes, it teaches you about seasonings and how to use and combine them.

im looking for a book that will explian and teach me basics about sauces and seasonings

Collecting, and reading, BBQ books is a hobby of mine. Paul Kirk's Championship Barbeque and his book on sauces, rubs, etc., are both absolutely top notch. If you are serious about BBQ and like to read about it, both of these books are an absolute must.

This book was my bible for rubs and sauces when I was a que noob. A lot of my recipes now are variations from what I learned from this book.

I have an autographed copy of that book....got it from Mr. Kirk when he came to Eagle Mi and put on a class.
Outstanding book IMHO.

im on my way to pick it up

I bought Paul Kirk's book 2 months ago before attending one of his classes. I have yet to put the book down. I actually learned more from the book than I did from his class.

I noticed that you are looking into BBQ books, I would strongly suggest the Peace, Love, and BBQ book. by no means I sayin not to get that book, it is excellent, taught me allot, probally one of the books I do not loan out.

I noticed that you are looking into BBQ books, I would strongly suggest the Peace, Love, and BBQ book. by no means I sayin not to get that book, it is excellent, taught me allot, probally one of the books I do not loan out.
i will go to library tomorrow and see if they have it.

i bought paul kirks champion bbq sauces: 175 make your own sauces, rubs etc etc. so far seems like a decent book. Now i just need to finish UDS and smoke some stuff.

im looking for a book that will explian and teach me basics about sauces and seasonings

I have this book and it is absolutely one of the best, it's an easy read, talks to you and not down to you, however, if you want sauces and BBQ, pick up his book, "Championship BBQ" This book gives you the sauces and spices and also how to do different kinds of BBQ. Personally I have both and would never part with either one.

got my copy some time ago it is really good and helpful the blending of spices and how much to put on it really helps I say go out and get one copy

Two Thumbs up for this book!

Had my copy for some time as well. It's a great guide for learning how to build your own rubs, marinades and sauces. I would highly recommend this book! :icon_cool

i was looking at Smoke and Spice or Kirk's Champy BBQ last night at the book store...i picked the latter. glad i did!!! need to study up now.

I consider it to be one of the cornerstones of any BBQ library.

Back