The start of two new UDS's!!!

SmokedJohnson

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Today I started building two of the three new UDS's. I'm building these new ones to use for mine and my fiancee's wedding reception on April 24th. I figured I would start them early so I could get a couple nice smokes out of each of them before the big day. I'm pretty happy about this as I'm sure you all know. The menu so far is 10 pork shoulder for pulled pork, 5 packer cut briskets. spicy mac salad, corn and salt potatoes. I'll be sure to post the food pron as it comes.

Attachments

• DSCF0164.jpg
    DSCF0164.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF0165.jpg
    DSCF0165.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCF0167.jpg
    DSCF0167.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 268
  • DSCF0172.jpg
    DSCF0172.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
That looks great. What kind of weed burner is that in the first pick?

Even thought it doesn't look like it there is flame coming out of the weed burner. She really did a good job getting the remainder of the paint off the bottom.

That looks great. What kind of weed burner is that in the first pick?

It is an Inferno. I picked it up at home depot the other day to replace my old one for about 45 dollars. It's the best burner I have ever owned. Puts out about 500,000 btu's.

Congratulations on the upcomming marriage. Looks like you got a keeper. Nice pick.

Congratulations on the upcomming marriage. Looks like you got a keeper. Nice pick.

I knew she was a keeper when she told me I could cater the reception and go on a wild boar hunt for the honeymoon. I'll probably be the first person to ever bring a UDS to a wedding and on their honeymoon.:cool:

I knew she was a keeper when she told me I could cater the reception and go on a wild boar hunt for the honeymoon. I'll probably be the first person to ever bring a UDS to a wedding and on their honeymoon.:cool:

For sure a keeper, great start on a great piece of equipment, good luck and waiting for your pics

ANY woman in camo holding a propane torch is a keeper! And to go on a boar hunt for your honeymoon!:eek::eek::eek: Dang boy, you got a good one.

EDIT: I just noticed your username. Don't get your Johnson anywhere near your smoker, atleast until after the marriage-you won't need it then anyhow (you know what they say wedding cake does to a woman):biggrin:

ANY woman in camo holding a propane torch is a keeper! And to go on a boar hunt for your honeymoon!:eek::eek::eek: Dang boy, you got a good one.

EDIT: I just noticed your username. Don't get your Johnson anywhere near your smoker, atleast until after the marriage-you won't need it then anyhow (you know what they say wedding cake does to a woman):biggrin:

x2^^^^^^^^^^ :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Another good "keeper" reason, there is no wedding cake large enough to slow her down it's almost a curse if ya know what I mean:cool:.

Another good "keeper" reason, there is no wedding cake large enough to slow her down it's almost a curse if ya know what I mean:cool:.

Thats awesome. Congrats on the wedding date and the drums are looking great. I'm think of taking the plunge, AGAIN myself. :eek: (did I just say that)

Not that wedding cake slows them down-there's a joke that they have discovered a food that makes women never have sex again-wedding cake :eek::biggrin: (something like that) but since you're not having cake either-you're covered!

Back