WF Pizza oven @ Sam's ? $499

damascusmaker

Reaction score
Was just in Sam's and saw a member's mark wood fired pizza oven priced at 499? Just wondering if anyone has experience or opinions. It looks a lot like ovens I've seen online over $2000.

How is that fueled? I know it says wood fired, but where is the firebox?

How is that fueled? I know it says wood fired, but where is the firebox?

Looks like you build the fire in the cooking chamber, like a 'real' pizza oven, just a lot smaller.

This image looks super fake tho haha

0007874228856_C

In the store it actually looked and felt like a substantial unit. The door was plenty heavy and double walled. I'll take a tape measure next time.

The link I posted has no reviews, Ron L's does.

The opening is 19" wide. The inside tile floor measures 25" wide by 21.5" deep. There is a grate/ash dump in the back center which limits the depth to 14.5". So you can easily do a 12" pie but anything bigger might get a bit tricky. In the past they have run the price down as low as $329.00 but not sure if that was an introductory price, inventory reduction, or an older model.

Awful small real estate to cook pies. Good price though

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hope someone buys one and lets us know how well it cooks. I like the looks and design but too small for me.

Missed this post initially. Just stumbled across one in the store - looks pretty nice for the price.

We saw it at a demo at a local bbq and grill shop. good for small pies.. like a personal/bar pie. May be a decent thing for a single person, but if your trying to feed a family or group, youre gonna be makin alot of pies.

FWIW.. you can make 22 inch pies on my XL BGE. :) youre welcome to come a cook for the day..

FWIW.. you can make 22 inch pies on my XL BGE. :) youre welcome to come a cook for the day..

Appreciate the offer! Going to try to come down for one of your charity cooks and meet you guys one of these days.

In terms of pizza, I already have a black stone getting almost no use so definitely don’t need this. But, in true btrethren style, that didn’t stop me from considering it.

A week ago i did 24 pizzas in one night in the Blackstone. I keep wanting something more, but bang for buck the Blackstone is as good as it gets. One right after another. 850 degrees.

Back