MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Default Attended BBQ fundraiser

Probably not a big topic of discussion, but last night a local BBQ competition team, Hot Grill on Grill Action (as seen from BBQ Pitmasters season 2) had a fund raiser to help fund their trip to the Jack Daniels World Championships.

It was fun to talk to the guys of a high level competition team in a relaxed atmosphere (at a bar) and try some of their 'Q. I talked mostly with the pitmaster Ryan, and he was a really cool guy. Very easy to talk with.

They cooked there food in more of a "backyard" style not the fully loaded competition style. I was glad to hear it wasn't over done with flavor, but it did have a lot of good flavor. They did pulled pork and St. Louis Ribs. I got to try both and the ribs were damn good. My wife had the pork and I did get one bite of it. It had a unique but good flavor. I could see how it could stand out in a competition if they kept a similar flavor profile.