• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Recipe magazine disappointment.

NCGrimbo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
I had to throw out a recipe magazine today. There was a clue on the cover that I wasn't going to like this issue.
Ribs001.jpg

Sure enough, when I got to page 18, there it was.
Ribs002.jpg

Straight to the garbage went that issue.

Its amazing how many people think that this is how ribs are to be cooked. Like to find the guy who started this practice and have a little come to Jesus with him :twisted:

LOL, when i first started "grilling" (on the fire escape mind you) with my "electric patio grill" that was how i first started out. granted, i used chicken legs instead and added a crapload more seasonings to it. Ahhhh, how I've grown.

And that plate is atrocious
Indeed. That is a plate only a rib boiler could love.

We should start a plate society and rate plates on all of the food pron shots. We all know the food looks good here, time to start kicking up the plates a notch.

See. There i go hijacking again. Where's my $3 million? I'll stop hijacking after I get the money.

I bet those ribs are yum yum yummy, I mean, look at the big smile on that guys face!:mrgreen:

Its amazing how many people think that this is how ribs are to be cooked. Like to find the guy who started this practice and have a little come to Jesus with him :twisted:

I was talking about slow cooking some ribs and was explaining the process to someone, when this other guy within earshot butted in. This was after I had explained it can take about 5-6 hours to get them right.

'...no, no, no, thats way to long. Your not doing them right. You can boil them then finish them on the grill, less than an hour tops!' :eek:

I tried to explain the process to him and the girl that I was originally talking to even defended me by saying, '...I tried his ribs, they are great, they don't have any sauce on them, only a dry rub and they are the best I have tried.' :p

The guy just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. :icon_pissed

Farker!

I got that same magazine the other day. I groaned when I saw that grill picture but kept the magazine, there are atleast some none bbq related recipes that are pretty good.

Actually the last few magazines I have seen with rib recipes all involve grilling.

I saw Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphault show a couple years ago. They were in the Caribbean enjoying ribs.

Alton asked the guy to demonstrate his rib cooking technique and the fellow said he boiled his ribs for a couple hours before finishing with sauce on the grill. You could tell Alton was rather uncomfortable. Alton seems to be a BBQ purist from Georgia. I chuckled.

Back