MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #31
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

They are my go to set.. think they are great. The only thing i can offer is do NOT put them in the dishwasher, or leave them in the sink getting soaked. The wooden handles dont like the water.

i learned something else too... the cleaver is like a razor. It was laying on the countertop and my finger bumped into.. hardly touched it, dint feel anything, but saw it move.. 10 seconds later, blood comes flowing out of the side of my hand making a mess...

sharp stuff.. i use a ceramic stone, or a chef choice 130 pro to sharpen them.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #32
Hook_Line_and_Sinker
is One Chatty Farker

Good to know! I'm going to see if there is any sets left. Off to Costco before they close

Viking 30 inch Gravity Fed Charcoal Smoker
Brinkmann 5 burner gas grill with sear & rotisserie
UDS's 3 and growing
Char Griller w/SFB w/mods
Orion Cooker
Charbroil 7000 Gas Grill
Hook_Line_and_Sinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
mallorjc
On the road to being a farker

Get 'em sharpened, if you don't know how, and keep them outta that "old drawer!" Learn to sharpen. Will serve you well for ages, assuming U get "ages," yourself, or pass them on! A good forged 440SS with "handy" grips are hard to beat. Getcha a couple of Kyocera ceramic blades & compare them to the SS (well, for sharpness & retaining it, not for "living in the old drawer or prying bad cooking from bones). Got them both & love them all.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #34
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Glad you found some great go-to knives that are doing the job for you, Phil. Very handsome looking set. I just got the Henckels, myself, recently. Baby steps.
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #35
mallorjc
On the road to being a farker

Been using the Henkel 5 stars since they came out, myself, and the y are dandy, given the right wet sharpning, which ain't easy, sometimes. Agree these bad boys look nice as can be! Phil - might want to get ya a good diamond wheel auto sharpener & stone to wet-finish yer boys.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #36
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallorjc View Post
Been using the Henkel 5 stars since they came out, myself, and the y are dandy, given the right wet sharpning, which ain't easy, sometimes. Agree these bad boys look nice as can be! Phil - might want to get ya a good diamond wheel auto sharpener & stone to wet-finish yer boys.
thats what the chefs choice 130 is.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote