Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Illinois State BBQ Championship, Shannon, IL - July 11&12, 2008

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Captain Ron's Brew-n-Que will be there! Look for a white 6x12 cargo trailer with windows and an awning and our logo banner (no Brethren banner yet :cry:) We'll have home roast coffee brewing for Saturday morning (bring your own cup :rolleyes:). Stop by and say hello to Amy and me!

Who else is coming to BBQ's Field of Dreams?

Ill be cookin the Butt To Butt with Chi-Town Smokers but will not be staying for the rest of the comp..have a product demo that Saturday

I may put this on my list when I get into the swing of things. How does the butt to butt contest work?

I may put this on my list when I get into the swing of things. How does the butt to butt contest work?

Butt to butt is an invitational. 10 teams including the team who took first place in pork at Shannon the previous year (Chi Town Smokers in this case).

Hey Ron, the Soy City Smokers will be there. The rest of my team cant make the trip so I am coming alone. Shannon has been on our list to do for 3 years and we never seem to make it. Things fell apart again this year and I just decided to do it alone. First time trying to do a competition with no experienced help, will be a big challenge. I will look for you and I will need the coffee, have to remember to pack my coffee cup.

Which contests are qualifiers, their site has been down for a few days...

-Kevin

I've never found an official list but i did find a site that shows the qualifiers for this year.

http://dodgecountysmokers.blogspot.com/2008/03/butt-to-butt-x-teams-announced.html

Hey Ron, the Soy City Smokers will be there. The rest of my team cant make the trip so I am coming alone. Shannon has been on our list to do for 3 years and we never seem to make it. Things fell apart again this year and I just decided to do it alone. First time trying to do a competition with no experienced help, will be a big challenge. I will look for you and I will need the coffee, have to remember to pack my coffee cup.

We're looking forward to meeting you!

Ulcer Acres will be there, we will be way out in the outfield with Smokey D's (Smokin Clones)

The Smo Scos will be there in the Mo Ho......I'll take a cup of that coffee ron.

The Smo Scos will be there in the Mo Ho......I'll take a cup of that coffee ron.

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Will Ford be making the trip down?

This is going to be a fun weekend. Can't wait.

Tonto, I and the team are looking forward to meeting you, Todd.

When are you getting in?

Tonto, I and the team are looking forward to meeting you, Todd.

When are you getting in?

Not sure yet. Was thinking Thursday mid day. It could be bright and early Friday morning if my good luck charm comes a long.

Ulcer Acres will be there, we will be way out in the outfield with Smokey D's (Smokin Clones)

If you feel like slumming and make it over to the cheap seats, stop by and get a tour of our new rig (it won't take long :-D), I'll buy you a beer or a cup of coffee, or both. I haven't seen you guys yet this year.

Will Ford be making the trip down?

It looks like he is going to Goshen IN.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45154

Back