MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 06-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #16
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Just got back from Killens. The standard brisket was seasoned well, but dry. The SRF Gold brisket was really good and up there with the best.

Ribs had a light glaze on which I liked. Sausage had strange texture and my mouth was on fire. Good though.
Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 06-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #17
aks801
is One Chatty Farker

Y'all don't overlook Roegel's. They outsource the sausage but everything else is in-house. Brisket is like butta. Sides are all excellent, and that banana pudding is evil good. They also have big dino beef ribs until sold out, but I haven't tried one yet.
"Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true"
aks801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 06-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #18
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks801 View Post
Y'all don't overlook Roegel's. They outsource the sausage but everything else is in-house. Brisket is like butta. Sides are all excellent, and that banana pudding is evil good. They also have big dino beef ribs until sold out, but I haven't tried one yet.

Roegels was one of the worst in my opinion.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:11 AM   #19
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks801 View Post
I tried Roegel's a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it. The brisket was great, and as a part time Louisianian I'm always happy to see some Boudin on a menu in Texas.

The pickles were amazing. :)

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:21 PM   #20
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Headed back this weekend. Hoping to check out Corkscrew BBQ for sure, and Gatlin's in I have time.

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:17 PM   #21
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicket View Post
Headed back this weekend. Hoping to check out Corkscrew BBQ for sure, and Gatlin's in I have time.
Corkscrew is the bomb. Gatlins....meh.

One of the guys who worked at Tejas opened a joint up the road from Tejas called Revelle Barbecue Co.

https://www.reveillebbq.com

And Truth BBQ in Brenham is still one of my favorites.