MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:45 AM   #211
Evilsports
Knows what a fatty is.

Post or pm your mailing address. If you want/need a Saskatchewan Canada plate I'll drop it in the post for ya'.
Evilsports is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 AM   #212
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
That is awesome Clint! I see you took my advice and decided to abuse the child labor laws since they don't count towards your own children.
It is a family run businesses and there getting paid... half goes to there college fund they can have the other half. I want them to have a better opportunity then me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
Thrilled you had the kind of day you wanted for opening day, Clint! Looks like the weather was beautiful! You'll have all the kinks worked out soon, I'm sure. Congrats to all of you!!
thanks Tish it was a perfect day. Sunday was pretty slow but it had kinks and we learned. I still made a profit but very small due to a $110 screw up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilsports View Post
Post or pm your mailing address. If you want/need a Saskatchewan Canada plate I'll drop it in the post for ya'.
PM sent and thanks from your Northern brethern!!

I can't say it enough with out the brethren this is only possible from the help of you all!! I had the best comment today.. I repeat Customer stopped in want 2 lbs of PP said "he'll be here alot just don't tell his Cuz... he owns your biggest competitor and you PP smoke his" lol I loved it.

So thanks and High Fives all around

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2013, 06:57 AM   #213
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

That's fantastic Clint!
I'm also "geeking out" over seeing my license plates hanging on your building. That's just cool.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #214
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Thanks for the update. Sounds like it went better than it could have, for sure

Old 06-03-2013, 09:25 AM   #215
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post
It is a family run businesses and there getting paid... half goes to there college fund they can have the other half. I want them to have a better opportunity then me :)

So thanks and High Fives all around

Clint
Sure sure. We know the truth that you are only paying them half. We know the "college fund" that the other half is going into is nothing more than a slush fund going towards the biggest baddest ass bbq battlewagon you want!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #216
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Sure sure. We know the truth that you are only paying them half. We know the "college fund" that the other half is going into is nothing more than a slush fund going towards the biggest baddest ass bbq battlewagon you want!
Sheesh that's top secret only need to know.. pst pitmaker I'll be calling soon.

Another decent day covered my cost and getting thing more dialed in. I decide I need more shelves lol So sometime when I have time.. hmmm between my regular job and the shack its the one thing I don't have alot of I'm adding few or figure a way to store my bread that doesn't squash it.

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website

Old 06-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #217
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Must be making an impression, we had a a local radio personality talk about the us during there morning show for 5 mins!! Or so I was told.. had about 4 phone calls on it! Very happy and excited about it. Mon and Tues are supposed to be slow days.. and I'm covering cost both those and making money.. so I'm ecstatic! food cost is under 30% and working on narrowing my waste at end of the day. This weekend I'll get the rest of the plates hung and pictures uploaded!! I can't say thank you enough all the brethern that have helped me learn!!

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website

Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #218
Kloogee
Full Fledged Farker

That is awesome! Nothing like some free advertising! Good luck on your adventure!
Kloogee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #219
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Wow, that's awesome. Already getting some attention and free chatting. that's neat.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #220
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

I am so happy that things are working out for you Clint.

Old 06-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #221
northernrescue3321
Knows what a fatty is.

Hey congrats on your digs dude, maybe one day youll end up on dinners drive ins and dives! You are deff living the dream and Im envyous. Im going to go diggin through my stuff and see if I can find the old plates, I had, need some jerey rep.
northernrescue3321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #222
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwa View Post
Must be making an impression, we had a a local radio personality talk about the us during there morning show for 5 mins!! Or so I was told.. had about 4 phone calls on it! Very happy and excited about it. Mon and Tues are supposed to be slow days.. and I'm covering cost both those and making money.. so I'm ecstatic! food cost is under 30% and working on narrowing my waste at end of the day. This weekend I'll get the rest of the plates hung and pictures uploaded!! I can't say thank you enough all the brethern that have helped me learn!!

Clint
I hope you have gotten the plates I had sent to you. I want to see the Virginia Plates that say MMMM BBQ

Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #223
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

If any Brethren have eaten at Clint's new place, please post a review on their Yelp page http://www.yelp.com/biz/burlesq-bbq-...#query:burlesq

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #224
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
I hope you have gotten the plates I had sent to you. I want to see the Virginia Plates that say MMMM BBQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post
If any Brethren have eaten at Clint's new place, please post a review on their Yelp page http://www.yelp.com/biz/burlesq-bbq-...#query:burlesq
aawa got in today I havn't hung it up yet. But I did put it in the window And thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Dubbaga did you set that up? If so Thanks!!

So far I'm doing pretty good cash flowing every day! not making millions... yet but I'm not going broke lol
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website

Old 06-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #225
aawa
Babbling Farker

Heck yeah! I was really contemplating making that my vanity plate for my car, since it is available in Virginia still. (I got you a sovenier plate :p)

Now we have to discuss this menu item named after me!