oink
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
baskinrobbin
Found some matches.

Default CustomPitsVA Feedback?

I'm looking to purchase their porch model and am wondering if anyone has ever cooked on their smokers?
baskinrobbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
jeffreywp1
is one Smokin' Farker

I got the A-1 a few months ago and have enjoyed it so far. This is my first stick burner, moving up from a Char-Griller, and I really appreciate the 1/4 inch thick body for holding heat. It is solidly built and the welds all look good. The plasma cut job on the door cutout could have been straighter, but that doesn't effect to smoker. I do wish the fire box was thicker, but it should still last. I like the oversized firebox. I can put a split in the box but not on the fire to dry out. I wish that I would have gotten the split door and or the counter weight. My door weighs about 80# and I have to snatch it up. I saw a porch model when I picked up the A-1 and know its smaller but it was still pretty big. I would recommend the smokers. I don't know what the porch model cost, but the A-1 was very reasonable for the size. Hope this helps.