Need ABT suggestions

E

EWizza

Anyone got a good ABT recipe? Never made them before but I want to bring a bunch for a bbq I was invited to.

The basics involve coring the seeds and pulp out of some jalepeno peppers, stuff with monterey jack cheese, wrap in bacon, skew with a toothpick, dust with brown sugar and cook until bacon is crispy.
The sky is the limit on what you stuff them with, limited only by one's imagination.
Enjoy.

Cream cheese mixed with any assortment of rubs/sugar/spices. Also mixing in any type of cheese and cocktail weiners are good too.

Hadn't thought of the brown sugar. Sounds like that would be really good.. sweet and hot is a good combination. I was thinking pepper jack but as you said you can stuff with about anything.

What do you all think about using cream cheese instead? Maybe with some cayenne pepper sauce mixed in?

Core out your peppers jalapeno or bannana, break up and fry some jimmy dean sausage and melt in the cheese of your choice (I like cream cheese) to about a 50/50 mixture and stuff into peppers. HINT: punch small hole in bottom of peppers to allow air to escape when stuffing them this makes it much easier and you can get more filling in them. Also I had an old stainless box that i drilled 1" diameter holes all across the top that I set my peppers into to place on my old smoker, works great....

I like to cut my peppers in half long ways, clean them out and fill with Chive/Onion Cream Cheese or any Cheese, 1 little smokey, wrap with bacon, add your favorite rub and cook until the bacon is done.

We had a ABT throwdown last year and one of the guys made them stuffed with peanutbutter and jelly. Might not sound good, but they were!

deguerre -> I think that might be the ticket! Those raspberry turds look fantastic!

But lets keep it coming... who else??

Not trying to hijack, this might be helpful.

When I stuff the peppers I usually chop up some pulled pork and add to the mixture. Sense I don't have any leftovers right now I was thinking of using some breakfast sausage instead. Anyone ever done this?

Not trying to hijack, this might be helpful.

When I stuff the peppers I usually chop up some pulled pork and add to the mixture. Sense I don't have any leftovers right now I was thinking of using some breakfast sausage instead. Anyone ever done this?

Plush mentioned using sausage a few posts up from yours.

When I'm trying to make an impression, I mix cream cheese, rub, a tsp of Worcestershire, dash of hot sauce. Fill pepper only half way and shove a finger sized shrimp in the middle.
Wrap with bacon, dust, cook.

I like to dredge the bacon in brown sugar so it's completely coated. It crunches up with a sweet goodness when it's done.

I had never thought of stuffing with shrimp, but that's now next on the list. Thanks.

I was thinking more of adding raw sausage to the cheese mix. Think you need to brown it like mentioned above?

I don't think you have to, no. Just make sure they cook through. I think personally I would brown it myself, maybe reserve some of the fat and mix that in too.

Another good one I have done is stuffing bell peppers with onions, tomatos, hamburger, bacon, rice and smoked cheddar and cooking them on the smoker....

I use cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and rub to make the "filling". Usually put a thin piece of fried andouille in the pepper with the filling, wrap with bacon and smoke or grill.
The small sweet peppers work well, too, for guests that aren't into "hot" and spicy.

Back