Great job on the shoulder Miguel, especially for your first try. Congrats on now being addicted to your smoker :clap2:

That looks absolutely mouthwateringly delicious. I wish mine looked half that good, but I'm curious why you finished it in the oven. :confused:

Well, it was closing in on 11pm and I was getting tired of tending...plus the wind was picking up and the temp was dropping. I decided that the last couple of hours would be fine inside where I could hear the meat alarm beep when it was done.

Nicely done Mig and SIDE, you guys put up a good strong start to this Throwdown.

Well, it was closing in on 11pm and I was getting tired of tending...plus the wind was picking up and the temp was dropping. I decided that the last couple of hours would be fine inside where I could hear the meat alarm beep when it was done.

That sounds like my first one. I think it was closing in on 8:00pm and my wife sounded just like Ryan's wife. I don't know what we ended up eating, but it wasn't pork! I learned from that and every butt I've done since has been an overnighter. You made a good call! :thumb:

Hummm. Having never entered a throwdown, I am eligible. But what to make???
I have some time to think about this one.

I guess I'll enter my first smoke ever, even though I was running around like a chicken without a head towards the end, lol. Wasnt going for looks with the foil since I didnt know about this contest.

I'll try to make a nicer spread with my Christmas ham.

Ribs.jpg

RibsCut.jpg

RibSideView.jpg

Funny...I was going to suggest that!

How would we do it though? Would voting be based on past Zero entries that we would submit?

Or, perhaps, the person with the most Zeros gets to choose the Throwdown Topic...

How about another one with only zero vote-getters involved???

Back