Why eat Cheetos, when you could eat...

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Flaming Hot Cracklins? Only 3 ingredients, and no preservatives.
Started by throwing some cracklins in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
ujpz5Sd.jpg

XeCxfsV.jpg

While that was going, I mixed 2 Tbsp of cheddar cheese powder, with 1/2 Tbsp of HDD.
ofqKZnG.jpg

KFmLyea.jpg

Put everything in a zip bag, and gave it a good shake. Served with some of my cheese stuffed brisket balls from this weekend.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271958&highlight=brisket+trimmings
a8jJjLK.jpg

Seriously, these are phenomenal!! These were about perfect for me, if you really want flaming, I would go with a little more of the HDD. On a scale of 1-5, I would give them a 2.5 of heat, but heat is subjective, and I would start low, ad add a little at a time.

Wow! I like it.

Thanks Bill

I'm careful with HDD.....a little dab will do ya. :-D

Yeah, Only my second time using it, so I am being careful.

As a Cheeto, Lays, Doritos, etc. salesperson, I must say please cease and desist, I can't lose any sales. As a brethren that likes creativeness, I must say...
Dammmmmnnnnn!!!

:laugh: I don't think I will be taking down Frito Lay anytime soon, but mayve you should pitch them a new low carb cheeto.

and they are keto friendly!

Yes it is. For the portion I made, the cheese was 4g carbs. Cracklins were 0 g carbs, and the HDD says zero, but since the first ingredient is cane sugar, I am guessing there is a couple of carbs in the 6 servings I used.

Love it!!!! Been doing Keto for a couple of months and that looks like great fun.

Farker of the year! That sounds delightful!

Thanks!

1410 se 17th suite 280
Fort Lauderdale FL, 33316

It's on it's way.:heh:

Thanks Kevin

Love it!!!! Been doing Keto for a couple of months and that looks like great fun.

Good Luck on your journey. I wouldn't recommend it as a core part of your diet, but it is a fun treat. Actually does a very good job of replacing a cheeto, and no orange hands afterwards.

I bet amazon sales of Anthony's Premium Cheddar powder just took off! I know I contributed my part by ordering some. Thanks for the great idea...

I bet amazon sales of Anthony's Premium Cheddar powder just took off! I know I contributed my part by ordering some. Thanks for the great idea...

:laugh: Thanks! I have actually had the idea for awhile, but was going to dehydrate and grind my own cheese, because most of the cheese powders have other ingredients. Just never found the time to do it, then I found Anthony's. I have quite a few of their products, and they are all top notch.

Looks good,I would have to buy a bag of the microwave pig skins and coat them when they are done, taste like fresh out of the kettle lol

How do you like that cheese powder Josh? I was just looking at that on Amazon the other day thinking about how I could use it on a couple things. Lol. It looked to be the only one that didn't have a whole bunch of other garbage in it.

Back