MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #16
Beefer Sutherland
Found some matches.

I've got a large collection of hot sauces and have a monthly hot sauce subscription.

Of the dozens and dozens brands I've tried, Queen Majesty in my opinion produces the best sauces. They are complex, well balanced, and have a good amount of heat.

I also have a few sauces I make. So far a roasted pineapple habanero and lychee scotch bonnet have been crowd favorites. I've found making them sweeter and letting thing settle down for a few months gives the sauces more depth.
Beefer Sutherland is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #17
SweetHeatBBQnSC
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Joedy

Being from the Carolinas I love Texas Pete. Frank's is pretty good too. I am very interested in this Slap Yo Mama. I have never heard of it, but I love a good hot sauce. Am I the only one that brags about how well it goes with brown gravy? Also, I love a hot sauce with good flavor, but I don't want it soooo hot that is messes up the flavor.

Beefer, where did you find a hot sauce monthly subscription?
Isaiah 41:10-Sweet Heat BBQ-Competition Team-Whole Hog Cooker;Weber Kettle 22";WSM 22.5"
SweetHeatBBQnSC is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #18
Beefer Sutherland
Found some matches.

SweetHeat, it is the Hot Ones Box through Heatonist. It originated as a youtube show where guests are interviewed as they eat increasingly hot wings, but they've branched off to curated & homemade sauces. They do a lot of work with Smoking Ed Currie, the creator of the reaper. I've got a lot of insanely hot stuff from them (mostly different versions of their own Last Dab sauce), but everything is extremely good. So far there have been no bad sauces.
Beefer Sutherland is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #19
Smokie185
Full Fledged Farker

I really like this one.

https://www.sucklebusters.com/hot-sa...-pepper-sauce/

Old 05-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #20
TravelingJ
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Justin

I'll have to check it out. That's a really clever setup that you do, especially with the ranking system.

I wasn't really one for hot sauces, till I went on the Bourbon Trail. We all picked up bottles of Wild Turkey habanero sauce. It's not really that hot, but it has a pretty solid flavor.

Recently I started watching the youtube show HotOnes where wings are coated in progressively hotter sauces, and it's pretty amusing to see. I have some Ghost Pepper and Carolina Reaper sauces that I use when I make smoked cheezits for some pepper heads.
TravelingJ is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #21
Clay-b-que
is One Chatty Farker

I once bought 10 bottles of bubba gump hot sauce after having it at a bubba gump restaurant loved it! That ran out and now I am a big Louisiana fan! I have slap yo mama and like it but my go to is Louisiana...

Old 05-11-2019, 04:35 AM   #22
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Speedy’s #44
https://speedyshotsauce.com/

Poblano Salsa Ranchera red and green
https://www.acaciart.com/galleries/poblano/pob105.html

I’m out of both for quite a while but these are really good

I enjoy Slap Ya Mama products. I’ll start watching for the yellow and green

“I love to smoke, but prefer the taste of grilled “
16Adams

“All this stuff used to be cash”

Last edited by 16Adams; 05-11-2019 at 04:46 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2019, 05:23 AM   #23
Cat797
Full Fledged Farker

I'm a Frank's guy because it is easily available and makes great wings, so I always have a big jug on hand (I have a football/wrestler in the house still).

My all around favorite is Arizona Gunslinger https://www.azgunslinger.com/ and Texas Pete's Cha (their version of Sciracha)https://texaspete.com/shop/cha-by-te...riracha-sauce/.

Reminds me that I need to order some Gunslinger......

We have a guy at work that always brings in Biscuits and Gravy and makes his gravy with Slap Ya Mama seasoning that's pretty good. I'll have to order some of their hot sauce.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:17 PM   #24
drunkenmeatfist
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : chipper

I stopped by Academy today and picked up some Slap Ya Mama. Stuff is good!
drunkenmeatfist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2019, 06:45 PM   #25
JJJBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : J

Depends what I’m eating. Tapatio is a favorite of mine for Mexican food, especially on fish tacos!
270 Standard
Uuni 3 Pizza Oven
22” Blackstone
JJJBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2019, 07:40 PM   #26
okiej
is one Smokin' Farker

That Melinda's is my favorite so far too. I haven't tried the slap ya mama sauce so I will next.
Super-Fast Thunder Blue Thermapen
okiej is offline   Reply With Quote