The UDS makes a MEAN brisket......

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I love my Kettle and my WSM................but there is just something about the Q that comes off a drum. Made this last night while my Lil' Bro and I tossed back a few coldies till 3 AM. Started with a COLD slab o beef and hit it with my new rub mix. S&P, cayenne, and garlic powder. Used two fist sized chunks of Michigan cherry:)wink:Bubba), and just let it go. The drum held 275 like a champ and a couple times I raised it up to 350 to cut down on cooking time. Pulled it at 185, foiled it and tossed it in the cooler covered with towels till I cut it up this morning at 9. One of the best I've done. Nice two tone smoke ring and great flavor. Just wanted to share some pics.
Njoy
3759006806_571195f1e0_b.jpg

3758209445_d5e7e9404f_b.jpg

3759003520_32860c522d_b.jpg

That's a good looking brisket you did a great job!!!! I have yet to do my first brisket.

Man-O-Man that looks soooooo good, I'd pay for a place of that!

Sure beats the eggs I had for dinner last nigh and the grilled cheese I had for lunch today.

No kidding I would pay for some of that if there was anywhere around here that sold stuff as good as that.

I hope mine looks that good Bob.

I just finished my first UDS Brisket smoke and it is relaxing in the microwave right now. I hope to post photos later tonight.

Thanks everyone. Cherry makes for some really nice brisket smoke. We also had some Earl Campbells red hot links and a simple fatty that we devoured alongside the cold beers. Sorry no pics of those, but they did happen. I really like these briskets I picked up at Target for .99lb. THey only run about 8 lbs each and both have turned out very tender. I only wish I had bought more of them. There's just something about that beef fat dripping on to those hot coals and making that sweet smelling beefy, fatty, smoke. Thanks again!
Bob

BOB :!::!::!: That is one fine looking Brisket....Could you send some up here in Wi. for a taste test ..... I prefer to wait for final judgement :rolleyes:
:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back