• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What does this do for the Great American BBQ

Could have been suspected, that's why Harrah's got in the action this year????

Maybe it will go out to Kansas Speedway. I'm sure it won't take long to find it a new home if the Woodlands closes down full operations and can not host.

I had made a suggestion to Tracy about a possible HUGE contest at the Sports Complex the weekend before the Monday Royals Opening Day... "Baseball and BBQ". Maybe they could move there instead.

the bad thing is it would probably out draw the Royals :)

It sounds like you already have a location and dates picked out Jeff. Might this be your next contest to organize? Sign me up if it is.:biggrin:

They are just shutting down operations. The facilities are still there. I'm sure they can still be leased/utilized for a fee. I'm sure a location in the area will pick up the slack, if for some reason the Woodlands isnt viable in the future...

I had made a suggestion to Tracy about a possible HUGE contest at the Sports Complex the weekend before the Monday Royals Opening Day... "Baseball and BBQ". Maybe they could move there instead.

I like the way Jeff thinks

I like the way Jeffs thinks too but we all know "King Carl" will charge us $30 per vehicle and another $30 for each smoker that is brought in. This will be above and beyond the entry fee. Now that I think about it more, "King Carl" would also need a % of the fees from any and all advertising. :)

I like the way Jeffs thinks too but we all know "King Carl" will charge us $30 per vehicle and another $30 for each smoker that is brought in. This will be above and beyond the entry fee. Now that I think about it more, "King Carl" would also need a % of the fees from any and all advertising. :)

I'm sure he'd be beggin for his share, yet my taxes pay for the updates, repairs, parking lots, etc. Fark Carl. But Glass might have a Butler Building WM in the parking lot if he thought the one weekend event would provide enough of an ROI.

Could have been suspected, that's why Harrah's got in the action this year????

Maybe it will go out to Kansas Speedway. I'm sure it won't take long to find it a new home if the Woodlands closes down full operations and can not host.

Look at it this way - Baseball IS the Great American game. Barbeque is the great American cuisine. What better place and time to hold the GAB?
To be honest, I would love for the timing to be different... I'm in KC for the race and just can't justify sitting there waiting for either the Royal or the race when it comes to vacation time...

As it is, two of my remaining comps are after the cut off this year any way... Why not have it in spring? Kinda like Daytona, have it as a kick off...

Boy they have short term memory peroblems in Detroit I see....:cool:

Royals beat the Rays 6-1 today. Was there in the air conditioned sky box. The only way to fly.

With Oklahoma Joe's involvement, I can't see this contest leaving the KC area.......but there was some discussion/rumor this weekend as Columbia being considered as a possible location.......I don't think it will happen.......

With Oklahoma Joe's involvement, I can't see this contest leaving the KC area.......but there was some discussion/rumor this weekend as Columbia being considered as a possible location.......I don't think it will happen.......

Where are the organizers from? If they are all from KC, I don't see it moving. Even Aimee cited how hard it is to do a contest away from your home base.

Where are the organizers from? If they are all from KC, I don't see it moving. Even Aimee cited how hard it is to do a contest away from your home base.

No clue.......I wasn't in on the conversation first hand, I just know what was told to me, and it wasn't quoted from coming from one certain individual.....could have been beer talk as far as I know......

Back