Instant read thermometer cheap

B

BlueHowler

For my birthday my wife wants to get me a probe thermometer but the Thermapin at around $90 bucks is a bit much for our budget at this time.

So my question is what is a good one for less than $50?

ThermoWorks RT600C same company just 6 second read time. Look on Amazon. Think I paid $30.

There's only one instant read thermometer as far as I'm concerned...Thermapen. Combine your budget for this birthday and the next and get a Thermapen...:thumb:

I have a Taylor that I picked up at Lowe's for $20 and it's accurate to 3 tenths of a degree and reads in about 4 seconds.

That's what I use until budget allows for a Thermapen.

Call Thermapen and ask if they have any refurbished ones available. They are usually around $55.00 and come with a 30 day warranty which is plenty of time to make sure it's working properly.

ThermoWorks RT600C same company just 6 second read time. Look on Amazon. Think I paid $30.

I've used this. Works great. Not sure I understand why I need to spend more $$ on a Thermapen for a 3 second faster read. If anyone would like to make me eat my words, I would like a blue Thermapen please :becky:

This one looks good it can be calibrated if ever needed its 20 bucks

http://www.thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/rt301wa.html
rt301wa_z_b.jpg

I have this one works good. I also have a Thermapen too.
http://www.thermoworks.com/products/low_cost/rt600b.html

This is the one I have ( mine says RT600C ) can't beat it for the price. Same company with good reliability which I didn't find in the cheap taylors I had purchased from HD. For those of us who can't afford a Thermopen this is a great option.

Edit: yeah the RT600C is the 5-6 second version of the 600 line for 4 dollars more. Get that one.

I have a thermapen. I also have the RT600C. I also have a taylor. I like them all. For the price, the RT600C is a good one and I like the step-down probe tip (see AustinKnight picture above) better than the taylor.

Thanks for all the info guys! I went with the RT600C it looks like just what I need.

Back