Worlds Best Fish (not Q)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I can't tell you the name of it, because this local treasure is seriously limited as a resource. I do not want more pressure put on the species, it already costs over $100 per fish here.
I can only get it because I often give my seafood friends at the market my BBQ bacon and so on.
It is so brilliant tasting, it is hard to cook and get the flavors shining, it is a subtle taste and you can mask it easily.
So, I usually steam it, and sometimes dust and pan fry.
Even the skeleton and wings are spectacular eating so nothing is wasted!
DSC_0175_zpspvpjdgsj.jpg

The filtes I steamed it, along with bok choy and snow peas.

I made a Chinese style delicate sauce with the fresh juice from a lemon, a tiny amount of ginger and shallots, some Chinese wine.

DSC_0179_zpsl4bczxpa.jpg

DSC_0178_zpskpxzml6p.jpg

FANBLOODYTASTIC!!
:dancer::dancer::dancer:

:yo:

You certainly made it look tasty. How big is this fish that costs $100?

I know, I know!

BTW, Aussie red snapper and American red snapper are different

Whisper the name in my ear. I promise not to try to buy any, I just can't stand not knowing.

Lemme get a piece of that catfish!!!..:) looks great from here!!!
:laugh:
Can't be mowong can it?
No mate, and only on the west coast is it found. There are actually two species like this here, but it has been twenty years since I have had a chance to buy the other.
I know, I know!

BTW, Aussie red snapper and American red snapper are different
Yep. This fish has a similar but different fish in the waters of Shizuoka, and they are plentiful. I used to order that any chance I got over there!
Whisper the name in my ear. I promise not to try to buy any, I just can't stand not knowing.
:laugh: :icon_shy
At 50 bucks a pound, I doubt there will be much pressure. :shocked:
It would be hard to be more wrong!:wink:

Back