Smoked Pork Meatloaf with Gravy Comfort

beercuer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Cry with me Friends. My Lakers suffered a humiliating defeat in the playoffs. I needed a comfort food. So I turned to that old classic meatloaf. However, this one be done with ground pork rather than beef. Price was pretty good at about $2 per pound, as you can see on the packaging here (I actually had two pounds total):

I just took your classic recipe and added some veggies like chopped red bell pepper, celery, and onion. I opted to smoke it this time with hickory via side fire box, rather than in the main chamber.

Well, I'm sure ready to plate this smoky beast now. Of coarse comfort loaf requires the traditional comfort sides-- mashed taters and peas and carrots.

And we must not forget the all important gravy! Oh, I felt I could have eaten the whole loaf, it was so tasty. :D

Many thank you's, all! :grin:

Titch-- Considering the international date line issue, I wonder if same day shipping is possible? I wonder do you folks produce ground lamb? That might not be a baad idea either.

Guerry-- Yeah, what's with the white flags??? What were they thinking?

Ron-- I'm also able to get ground chicken. Next time... . I also want to try one with ground lamb if I can find that. I've done many beef and turkey ones. Turkey is actually excellent (to my tastes).

Oh, also, 50/50 lamb and chuck makes an AWESOME burger.

Guerry, thanks a million for your advice, amigo! I yearn to try that. I do have ground chuck on hand. I also have many grocers in my area, but have yet to find the ground lamb. :cry: I have maybe a couple more stores I can check. Perhaps I can ask my butcher friends to order some for me.:-D

Back