paul kirk bbq class

grillzilla10

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a chance to attend one of Paul Kirk's bbq classes ,and my question is ,Is the class worth the price ?

I did not take this class but my buddy did. He said it was all about sauces and rubs. Just buy the book, that is what I did. It gives you the basics and that is a good thing.

Refer to tony above. If what you're looking for is a sauce & rub school, then you
probably have the right one. If you're looking to learn how to cook competition
BBQ, this is probably not the correct class.

buy the book. Much better Classes available. He may have toned his attitude now there is competition but when I took it he was quite arrogant. Not worth dragging my lang 300 miles for sure.

I got the book last year and it is full of more info than I would think you would get from any 2 day class.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

buy the book. Much better Classes available. He may have toned his attitude now there is competition but when I took it he was quite arrogant. Not worth dragging my lang 300 miles for sure.

So you have to tow your grill so he can show you how to use it?

So you have to tow your grill so he can show you how to use it?
No. I don't know about now but when I took the course it was given near Dallas and everyone was encouraged to bring their pit so you could cook similar to contest conditions receiving tips from the master.

We went and had a great time. It was worth the money for us, because he reinforced the direction we wanted to go. He is quite a character!

We got a copy of the cookbook as part of the entrance fee! He's won all the big ones, so you can learn something. And have a good time.

Back