• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

G2's Back Together. Seasoning the Party.

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Picked up my Party today after getting some additional sliders put in for more rack spacing options. Thanks to Andy Bangs for getting all that arranged and taken care of :clap::grin:. If you are in GA and are interested in Backwoods hit up Andy at Q Company Smokers. Great guy to do business with.

So here are some more pictures of my setup. Nice that there are finally a bunch of G2 pictures and guys getting experience on them circling about.

Here they are together. I bought 4in casters for the party on the way home to see how I would like them. They work well, but the wet ground made it a pain to roll it into the backyard :doh:.
IMG2756.jpg

Inside shot.
IMG2757.jpg

Here is the Party with its 6 racks and 3 from the chubby. Could do lots of ribs with this setup :becky:.
IMG2759.jpg

Here is a 4 rack setup that allows plenty of room for "butt clearance" :icon_blush:. With 4 butts on each rack that would be a lot of pork.
IMG2761.jpg

Firing up for seasoning.
IMG2762.jpg

I plan on doing a fairly big cook on Friday. Probably 2-4 butts, 2-4 racks of ribs, a brisket and possibly a few chickens. So even more pictures to come. I'm very interested to see how it performs when loaded up. I figured on the first cook why not load it up.

wow, its a beast. my Chubby now feels inadiquate.

Dang, Jason! You goin' for an endorsement or somethin'?:p

Nice weapons, Brother!!

Wow, those are really nice. I just got my Chubby and appreciate the tips.

BTW, I got my Chubby without casters, but was thinking of adding. Did you get ones from BWS? Or just from a hardware store?

Wow, those are really nice. I just got my Chubby and appreciate the tips.

BTW, I got my Chubby without casters, but was thinking of adding. Did you get ones from BWS? Or just from a hardware store?

Yeah it's nice to be able to share info. Great to see what others are doing with similar cookers.

I bought my casters from Northern Tool. About $10 each so only cost $40 plus tax to put them on. Cheaper to do it yourself. Lowes/HD have them too.

Andy is great to deal with, I know a lot of Brethren have had worked with him on BWS purchases. I heard he was about to pick up another line of smokers, too. :-D

Very nice. How does using it compare with your TNT gravity fed smoker?

Well since I don't have a large amount of cooks on the Backwoods I don't have a very long list of differences. I do notice that the BWS definitely cook faster due to the convection nature of the heat coming in the top then out the bottom along with the steamy/moist cooking chamber from the water pan. Both are really easy to maintain temperature.

I'll more than likely have a longer list of things I like with the BWS and comparison to my other cookers as I go along and get more cooks under my belt.

The slider racks look bent and sloppy on your party. Is that just a bad camera angle?

The slider racks look bent and sloppy on your party. Is that just a bad camera angle?

Mostly camera angle, though the one backwoods original slider on the left was a little bent upwards. I gave it a few taps.

Those are sweet looking smokers. I want to build one like that so bad I can taste it.

Well since I don't have a large amount of cooks on the Backwoods I don't have a very long list of differences. I do notice that the BWS definitely cook faster due to the convection nature of the heat coming in the top then out the bottom along with the steamy/moist cooking chamber from the water pan. Both are really easy to maintain temperature.

I'll more than likely have a longer list of things I like with the BWS and comparison to my other cookers as I go along and get more cooks under my belt.

Thanks. I would love an update when you're able.

Back