• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What is a good price for quality Lump Charcoal 20 lb bag?

B

BBQBot

Lately is seems to be running around $15 for oak and hickory around here. That seems high to me. Just wondering what other are paying.

I generally think around $.50/pound or less is allright and not too hard to find.

I generally think around $.50/pound or less is allright and not too hard to find.

Is this usually done in a bulk purchase? ... like 50/100 lb or more or do you find it that price at the 20lb bag.

thanks.
gibby

Check Sam's Club, or Restaurant Depot. They have lump at great prices. From Sam's I prefer the Best of the West mesquite lump over the Frontier brand.

Around here it depends on the brand. At our store we carry Humphrey 20 lb bags $15.99. Then I give a card once they buy 10 bags I give the 11th free. For pallet orders I charge $12.00 a bag.

The hardware store behind us sells Cowboy 20lb bags for $14.00.

The best price is the lowest one you can find at the time for quality charcoal. I've gotten R.O. as low as $3 for an 8# bag.

Best consistent price I've found by far is Restaurant Depot (there is one in St. Louis if you have access). I can't remember the exact price, but a 17.6 lb bag is around $8.00, which is less than 50 cents a pound.

Costco in Austin,TX has 30lb lump for $14.

Very good deal. I like it since there are a ton of big and medium pieces in the bag and very little tiny/dust pieces

around here I buy Wicked Good i think has 22lbs for $20 and Big Green Egg has 20lbs for $17. After seeing some of you guys post my local cost seems a little high.

Back