Any suggestions

Al

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have a one pound roll of pork sausage that I need to use up. I want to try something different with it. Anyone have any suggestions of what I can make with it?

Stuffed sausage balls filled with diced japs and cheese then sprinke with rub.

Add egg, potatoe, cheese, salsa and a tortilla. Make a breakfast burrito:icon_bigsmil

Sauté an onion and pour a slightly scrambled egg and just turn off the heat so it makes a thin pancake....

Roll out the sausage, layer of thin sliced ham, the scrambled egg, and drained Mild Mexican Green Chilies... Roll it up and on the smoker to about 160* internal...

(ZBQ made it at PGB... Best I've ever had!)

Now that sounds good, what wood would you use to smoke that. I have some mesquite chunks, hickory chunks, and some apple chips.

I am a mesquite fan, but you could use most anything.

Sauté an onion and pour a slightly scrambled egg and just turn off the heat so it makes a thin pancake....

Roll out the sausage, layer of thin sliced ham, the scrambled egg, and drained Mild Mexican Green Chilies... Roll it up and on the smoker to about 160* internal...

Thanks Jeff!:-D

Here is my recipe and instructions for that fatty.
I called it "The Ultimate Breakfast Fatty" (think omlet inside a fatty)

Some finely diced vidailia onion
2 eggs beaten and add a bit of milk or cream to even it all out

Like Jeff said, saute the onion in a bit of olive oil over medium heat and pour the eggs over the onion that is evenly distributed over bottom of small skillet and cook just long enough to almost set the eggs. They should be just a bit runny. Don't mess with it with a spatula, just let it set. The residual heat will finish the cooking.

1 grill roasted red pepper peeled and seeded
1 grill roasted pablano pepper peeled and seeded
3 or 4 slices of deli ham sliced sandwich thickness (I used Virginia Brand Ham)
Some kind of cheese in the middle (I used Amish Butter Cheese, good stuff)
A breakfast type of sausage for the outside.
(I used a locally made one that is made fresh each day)

Lay a sheet of plastic wrap on your cutting board then smash your sausage out into a rectangle. Slide eggs out of skillet onto the sausage. Next layer is the ham. Then the roasted red pepper, then the pablano pepper, then the cheese. Use a solid type cheese, not shredded. It makes it easier to roll.

Then using the plastic like a sushi rolling mat, start at one end and roll it up, sealing the ends as you go. Keeping the plastic on the outside will help in forming it and sealing it. It also helps keep it from falling apart when handling before it goes in the smoker.

You could put a rub on the outside if you want, but I didn't.

Cook till 160 internal and rest for 10 minutes or so tented with foil.

Here is what they looked like. 1st row, 2nd and 3rd pic.

Hope this helps.:-D

Thanks Jeff!:-D

Here is my recipe and instructions for that fatty.
I called it "The Ultimate Breakfast Fatty" (think omlet inside a fatty)

Oh my god that sounds good and looks good

Wow those look amazing. I am going to be trying those bad boys in the near future.

The ones that I made today tasted good, but they did not stay together. Grrrrr. That was the only problem that I had.

Back