Hudson Valley Ribfest '07 (8/18-19) NY

Hey guys, glad to hear you;re all coming. If anyone needs a team member please keep me in mind, Good at dishwashing and doing what's told :) Not ready to compete on my own as my rig will not be mobile yet. Scott

We wil lbe there too, cooking, judging, recreational cooking... some oway, but we will be there. If theres enuf of us, let me know if we want to set up a Brethren Row.

BBQchef33 said:
We wil lbe there too, cooking, judging, recreational cooking... some oway, but we will be there. If theres enuf of us, let me know if we want to set up a Brethren Row.

We would like to be included in Brethren Row!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

can't miss it.......its our backyard!!

Yakfishingfool said:
Hey guys, glad to hear you;re all coming. If anyone needs a team member please keep me in mind, Good at dishwashing and doing what's told :) Not ready to compete on my own as my rig will not be mobile yet. Scott

Scott,
welcome to come on and hang with us, as long as you dont mind fish tales....:p

backyardchef said:
I'd be interested in brethren row, chief.....

as would we, we had a nice corner spot last year. on that note what is the deal with the brethren banner?

ok, i need a rough idea of how many we have going to ribfest, and i will call Mike and arrange for our row. Looks like we can start with 6.. i know 3 more of us that said they were going, that would make 9.

I'd like to go and defend our title of (almost) worst in show.:biggrin:

Got to sort out a few things now that Wine & Swine is opening a restaurant. I had a lot of fun last year and it was really well run.

The Anchormen from Rhode Island will be there again. Maybe looking for a new site this year, a little loud last year with our other neighbors.
Ray

I am coming with MrsBigBarry! First Comp!!! Thanks for the encouragement Willie!

Still working on a team name...PMs to folks - opinions are greatly appreciated.

I hope I can make it at some point over the weekend. We had such a blast last year (well until the torrential rain and our tent going airbourne in the middle of the night and then slamming to the ground and snapping two of the legs in half and dumping water on our smokers, killing the fire, and soaking our stack of bags of charcoal). And of course will Jack McDavid be there this year so he and Will can do a reunion show?

I'm not sure if it's gonna be smoke 'n lightning or beer guts & tex this year but figure in a spot for the lang one way or another.

Sledneck said:
How about MrsBigBarry bbq team:biggrin: since we all know who the real cook is

You, sir, are sadly mistaken. I am the chef, she is the baker (except her meatloaf and her ground beef tomato sauce!)

She has been expressing interest in the fine art of smoking since I got involved in the site! Maybe some day she will have her own comp team and compete against me!

Looking forward to it! MrsBigBarry is asking about "sleeping" arrangements. Can you pitch a tent somewhere?

Back