Westpoint NE Go or No go

R

Roo-B-Q'N

Hi all (this is Mrs RooBQn...using Toms sign on cause I said Id get the word out)...

Westpoint chamber will decide tomorrow 9/11 if they will continue or cancel this weekends cook. They have 21 teams at this point. As soon as I hear more Ill post again. Just wanted to get the word out.

Char

Bummed!

Well as most of you may know, Westpoint cancelled at the last minute. Left some folks fairly ticked off. I am bummed that they cancelled as everyone in the past said this was a great cook. That and we have already had one cancelled this year, so out pool of comps has been limited. They said they cancelled becasue of the hardship it would place on the cookers and sponsors and volunteers by only having 21 teams.

So if a comp was cancelled three days before it was supposed to be and they came around next year wanting to do one would you sign up or go to a more reliable comp?

Well as most of you may know, West point canceled at the last minute. Left some folks fairly ticked off. I am bummed that they canceled as everyone in the past said this was a great cook. That and we have already had one canceled this year, so out pool of comps has been limited. They said they canceled because of the hardship it would place on the cookers and sponsors and volunteers by only having 21 teams.

So if a comp was canceled three days before it was supposed to be and they came around next year wanting to do one would you sign up or go to a more reliable comp?

I am one of the pissed off ones and myself, I will plan on going elsewhere!!! We take vacation days to do these contests and plan our season early in the year. This is just an unprofessional decision that West point has made, there were enough people that said they would help get the contest over the 25 teams and spend more cash just to compete.

they still called it off. Now to make plans to go a greater distance to compete this weekend is for one out of the question for my team mate who is my wife as she can not take another day to travel to KC area. Myself I could go but then do it solo.

if your going to cancel your contest do it 2 or 3 weeks in advance so we can make a new game plan.

Back