MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
handsomejack
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Default AR State Championship - KCBS

Okay, how 'bout the AR State Championship cookoff going on here in Texarkana, AR on Oct. 22? Are any of you guys gonna be at that one?

It's the Blues Fest and BBQ cookoff. Just curious to know if I'm finally gonna get to meet some of you guys I've been talking to for the last year, or so!

Fish
and I threw in my sister-in-law's big 'ole butt (rubbed it myself).
He hasn't called back...think the sauce was too spicy?
handsomejack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Not me. After DeSoto, Kansas this coming Friday/Saturday, we're done til spring.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
kcpellethead
Full Fledged Farker

We'll be there. It looks like a bit of a haul, but I'm looking forward to it. Do you know any details about the competition site?

If I do everything half ass, how can I be a "full fledged" anything?
kcpellethead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-10-2005, 10:46 PM   #4
handsomejack
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Talking Street Party

I'm gonna check on the site set up tomorrow. This is only the second year for the Blues Fest/Cookoff downtown. Last year there were only about 18-20 teams, and it was mostly local folks. We won that one! It was like a big street party with the cooking action set up in parking spaces on the side of the road...I'm sure this year is gonna be different since it's the state cookoff.

Last I heard there were about 40 entries...probably gonna be some serious competition! I haven't done any KCBS cooks, yet- probably gonna get smoked...

One thing is certain with our crew. We'll be gettin' smoked with a cold beer and a smile on!!! Gonna be some great bands as well...

How do I know who is who?
and I threw in my sister-in-law's big 'ole butt (rubbed it myself).
He hasn't called back...think the sauce was too spicy?
handsomejack is offline   Reply With Quote