The Stateline BBQ and Steakhouse

TexasGuppie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Howdy strangers!

It's been awhile since I last visited so I thought I would pop in and say, "Howdy."
I've been working in El Paso, TX at one of our offices (cleaning up the mess a terminated Manager left behind.) I won't be back in Ft. Worth until June or so.
I get to go home for one week every 8 weeks to see my wife and the dogs and I have to say (just between us), I miss my pit more than just about anything!
Anyway...to keep this BBQ related and the Moderators off my back, I found a couple of BBQ joints here in El Paso that are pretty good: "Sammie's" and "The State Line." Purty good 'Q in these two joints. I ate lunch at a place called "Bevo's BBQ" also. They claimed to have "The best BBQ in Texas" but I'm sorry, a McRib sammich has more flavor than their 'Q did. Hey, maybe if the owner subscribed to this forum, he could improve his fare.
Anyway, God bless y'all and know that I miss being here.

Ken

What did you expect from a wore out old steer? :)

I dont think El Paso is in Texas. Their zip code starts with an 8.

State Line is part of the County Line chain and can have pretty good Q. I just have to remember to ask them not to drowned the brisket. It is the best thing within 45 miles of my house (I'm in Las Cruces, NM). I should say, the best restaraunt Q. The best Q, of course, comes from my pit.

TexasGuppie, I haven't had it in a while (7+ years ago) but Buck's BBQ "used to be" good.

As for other good food in El Paso, make sure to get the red chile/cheese smothered rolled tacos from Chico's tacos. Cattle Baron near the airport has a pretty good blackened prime rib.

If you are ever interested in making a trip to Las Cruces, let me know and I can tell you where to get the best Mexican food in the world. :-D

Guppie, they must have added another zip, I mailed something to El Paso the other day and it had an 88 zip code.

88 series is here in NM/Las Cruces. Always has been, just as EP has always had the 79 series.

Back