MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #16
Bonewagon
Babbling Farker

Terrific looking burgers!

Big Steel Keg, WSM, OTG, PBC, Kamado Joe Jr., Carson Rodizio, and a Super Fast [I]and[/I] Accurate [COLOR="Blue"]Blue[/COLOR] Splash-Proof Thermapen
Bonewagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
Oldhoss
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmad View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but are you actually suggesting there are grades of fat?
I'd let someone think I was their private butcher also if they were paying good money and buying into this nonsense.
I think there are different grades of fat. The tougher beef fat is just that when it is cooked. Prime rib fat in my experience is softer and tastier. I could be wrong but I do not think so.
Oldhoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #18
creekwalker
Full Fledged Farker

Boy that looks (and sounds) good, Oldhoss. Am picturing me doing much the same thing, with Meathead's Memphis Dust rub in the sauteed onions.
creekwalker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2013, 10:30 PM   #19
Oldhoss
Full Fledged Farker

I was thinking I did not put any shot of the smokering on my burgers. So when I did up some more burgers today I took some pictures:

Picked up some oak for the first time yesterday. I do not count the bag of Jack Daniels chips I picked up a few months ago. I was walking through my mother's garage and noticed some pieces of trim from some moulding she had added above her kitchen cupbourds....they looked like good untreated wood so I smelled it. Haha..I thought it was oak and it was so now I have it all. I tested it before I put the food on and it smelled sweet so I used it. I know alot of you will scoff at the use of trim wood....but look at this:

or this:

The taste was not as strong as hickory but then again I gotta think much of the flavour is gone out of this wood. My smoke was clean most of the way through the smoke and the food tastes not at all like creasote. I am thinking I need to lay my hands on some white and red oak as these burgers are tasty and I am happy happy happy.
Oldhoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #20
thunter
is One Chatty Farker

The way I'm drooling right now is not becoming of a gentleman! Lol!

Pit Happens!

Smokefleet Command
Lang 48 Patio - "Enterprise"
Weber 22.5 Premium Kettle - "Galileo"
Weber SmokeFire EX6 - “Defiant”
thunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #21
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Wow mate, I need a burger

Old 07-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
Banjoe
On the road to being a farker

What an incredible undertaking. Thanks for the tongue draining photos too.
Banjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #23
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Nicely done!!