MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #31
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

if you have any questions I know a guy with about 5 years worth of experience doing this.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #32
Just Pulin' Pork
is one Smokin' Farker

Very cool website and thanks for designing this! Very informative.
Just Pulin' Pork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #33
davidtxs
Found some matches.

great idea for a site nice work too

Old 09-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #34
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath Hall View Post
What are the team names that need to be merged? We are doing the best we can to get everything merged this year to have everything in place for next season. As I've already mentioned we know there are still bugs to fix and that is what we are working on clearing up over the next 3 months so we have a clean start when 2013 arrives.

JOHNNY MITCHELL SMOKEHOU
JOHNNY MITCHELL'S SMOKEH
JOHNNYMITCHELLSSMOKEHOUS
JOHNNYMITCHEL'SSMOKEHOUS

The correct team name is "Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse" but it is too long for the old KCBS scoring program.

-GF
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 05:21 AM   #35
New Pal Frank
is one Smokin' Farker

Master nteam name is Hug Hogs

Merge Hug Hogs BBQ Team with master.

Thank you

Quote:
What are the names that need to be merged? Let me know the master name you want the other name(s) merged under and I'll get it in the system.

Thanks for the heads up. Still working out some bugs.
Husband & Wife Team (so far)

[B][I][COLOR=magenta][U]Hug Hogs Competition BBQ Team[/U] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black][U]New Palestine IN[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
New Pal Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #36
HarleyEarl
Full Fledged Farker

Sent a message in a while back about the Polar Bear Challenge and you guys said you would get it fixed. Any chance of you guys getting on this problem? It shows that I have three overall scores from the contest, no chicken score, and no rib score. The pork and brisket score are okay. Looking at the results, this happen to all the teams - there are no chicken or rib results.
CBJ
Six UDS's, Traeger 125, Traeger Jr, two HD Off-sets, and a home-made Trailer mounted smoker
Funny Farm BBQ
[URL="http://www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us"]www.FunnyFarmBBQ.us[/URL]
[COLOR=darkred][B]***2010 Great American Barbecue Baste of the Year***[/B][/COLOR]
HarleyEarl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #37
TheJackal
Full Fledged Farker

I'm a little disappointed that not all the contests were updated this past week. It really skewed the results. (Weekly results, TOY, etc.) After all, current #1 3 Eyz is listed as hanging on to the top spot by a minimal margin of 30 pts. However, they took GC this past weekend for one of the two contests that never got updated.

Poor showing in the week that you "went into production" and rolled this out. It's only as good as the data it reports. If the data is missing or inaccurate, then the users will discount the content and move on.

I really like the website and hope it succeeds but now is not the time to let issues linger for a day or two or 6.
TheJackal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #38
Diva Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Good website and I am glad to see all your success

Checkout my new Cookbook on [URL="http://www.amazon.com/Diva-Qs-Barbecue-Recipes-Cooking/dp/0147529824"][B]AMAZON[/B][/URL]

[CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Life is too short for bad BBQ[/B][/SIZE]®[/CENTER]
Diva Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #39
rolfejr
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks so much for the effort in compiling the numbers.

I have always wondered why KCBS does not use team numbers instead of names for compilation of scores etc...

That would eliminate the spelling and grammar errors that seem to comprise most of the redundancy with team names.
Apostrophes, commas, hyphens, and periods seem to be the bane of the system.

Just a thought.

[I][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Rockin' Robyn's BBQ
[/FONT][/B][/I][LEFT][URL="https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rockin-Robyns-BBQ-Team/107295966034865?ref=tn_tnmn"]Like us on Facebook! [/URL]
Stop by our website!
[URL="http://www.rockinrobynsbbq.com"]www.rockinrobynsbbq.com[/URL]
[/LEFT]
rolfejr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 AM   #40
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
I'm a little disappointed that not all the contests were updated this past week. It really skewed the results. (Weekly results, TOY, etc.) After all, current #1 3 Eyz is listed as hanging on to the top spot by a minimal margin of 30 pts. However, they took GC this past weekend for one of the two contests that never got updated.

Poor showing in the week that you "went into production" and rolled this out. It's only as good as the data it reports. If the data is missing or inaccurate, then the users will discount the content and move on.

I really like the website and hope it succeeds but now is not the time to let issues linger for a day or two or 6.

lol.
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #41
Gowan
is Blowin Smoke!

Let's cut the poor devs some slack here. After all, this is a free service that isn't charging us anything for their efforts. Sure it's not perfect, but as someone who's worked in IT for over 25 years I can assure you Version 1.0 of anything never is.
Gowan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #42
New Pal Frank
is one Smokin' Farker

Let's see here. Average weekend in BBQ season. Maybe 20 - 25 contests per weekend.( often time a lot more ) CHECK Each contest average 30 - 50 teams. CHECK each team 4 catagory scores plus over all scores to enter CHECK Plus debugging program for badges and all the behind the scenes techi stuff. GREAT JOB A lot of effort so everyone can see where the stand. Thanks again
Husband & Wife Team (so far)

[B][I][COLOR=magenta][U]Hug Hogs Competition BBQ Team[/U] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black][U]New Palestine IN[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
New Pal Frank is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #43
4 smokin butts
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Your two names 4 Smokin Butts and Four Smokin Butts are in the merge file now. Once we do a merge update they should be merged. Let me know in a couple days if it looks like you are still missing comps.
the one that was misspelled,actual team name 4 smokin'butts,windsor mo ,labor day wknd,has us listed as 4 smoke butt
4 smokin butts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 AM   #44
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
What are the names that need to be merged? Let me know the master name you want the other name(s) merged under and I'll get it in the system.

Thanks for the heads up. Still working out some bugs.
Getting basted
Getting' basted
Gettin basted
all need to be merged with Gettin' basted

I love the Site and sent an email a couple of weeks ago but got no response.
gettinbasted is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #45
JerryA
On the road to being a farker

The "West Coast BBQ Classic" contest out here in Long Beach, CA (5/12/12) is a bit skewed.
All the Pork and Brisket scores are bunched up with Ribs.
Any chance of getting it fixed?

Thanks for the site by the way, it's awesome!

Loot N' Booty BBQ Sauces and Rubs

Green Mountain Grills
JerryA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
BBQ Race, Rankings, Team of the Year