pappy, no pics but i'll see what i can do. i use a hollow leg plastic caster insert. i file it down to fit in the leg. before i insert it i also file down the inside part where the caster goes into. this lets the insert still grab the caster but its not so tight that you can't yank out the caster.

I have posted a photo of my new Performer grill recently in some cook threads, but I guess I should post it in the APPRECIATION thread as well. I was really lucky, blessed, amazed, etc to get this grill on July 4th via CL. I picked it up for ...... $40!! Practically brand new. The woman tried to cook some burgers on it twice, and both times the coals went out before she finished the meal.:shock::confused: Sooooo.... she decided to sell it.

At the moment I am recovering from a severe injury to my neck, not working, and money is tight. So buying one of these Performers at regular price would NEVER happen for awhile. A looooong while. This color is LIME, and is a Crate and Barrel exclusive color. They call it "bright green."
In person she is as pretty as she looks in the photo! :love::love::love::love::love:

lime2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy carp Brian! What a steal!!

Didja tell the nice lady that she just needed to add more lighter fluid??:doh:

Ryan, Ummm... no... I did not.:icon_shy:oops::icon_shy

Actually i think she needed to add more coals. Minimal ashes were in there from her cook.
I disassembled the grill as fast as I could. She came out to me and said,
"Wow.. I am getting a lot of email about this grill all of a sudden!."
Before she changed her mind I had it loaded up.:cool:

Don't know if an ex husband or boyfriend left it behind..didn't really want to ask!
But for once I was not in the mood to chit-chat with a pretty woman.
I had OTHER stuff on my mind.. like a Performer for $40!
Better than a BLUE LIGHT special!! :mod::mod:

Beautiful grill smiter, there was one listed localy as a "green weber performer" with no picture on an estate sale and a few hours later it was marked as sold :)

Where can you find Webers in colors besides black? I've seen the 22.5" OTS in copper at Target. I'd really like a green OTG like the one a few posts up.

Thanks, I like it too!

I got it through a local store that carries a large BBQ assortment. They didn't stock the green, but were happy to order it for me if I was willing to wait a week for it to come in. I'm pretty sure that any Weber dealer with good CS is capable of special ordering any of Weber's products.

Yup, that was one of the first things I looked up when I got her home :-D

The trip to pick it up was interesting in its self lol.

I would post up pics of the genesis resto but I wouldnt want to sully the thread, its a 93 btw.

I guess I'm qualified to have an opinion on my Kettle now.... I purchased the One-Touch Gold recently and have made several cooks on it. I haven't made any 'mods' per se to the kettle but I have bought some accessories for it. When I purchased the kettle, I also got the charcoal baskets to use for indirect cooking and I'm quite happy with those. They allow me to cook over direct and indirect heat on the same grill quite easily. I'm also using the Weber foil pans for water and to catch drippings and those work very well also. I also added the cast iron grates, which have performed very well on this grill.

My first few cooks on this grill were mainly over direct heat... steaks... At the same time I was cooking corn on the cob and some onion slabs. I would cook those over direct heat until they were almost done and then move them to indirect while the steaks were cooking on the hot side of the grill.

Today, I'm having my first low-and-slow experience on the kettle. I'm smoking a fatty to use in a baked beans recipe tomorrow. I loaded up both charcoal baskets with Kingsford bricks and put some hickory chips on top of the bricks. I positioned the baskets on each side with a foil pan full of water in the middle. I lit up one end of the charcoal in each of the two baskets and let the grill come up to about 225. I put the sausage on with a meat/pit probe and adjusted the lower vents on the kettle until the temp settled in at about 255 degrees. The kettle is currently holding nicely at between 255 and 265 for this cook, and there should be more than enough charcoal in there to cook this sausage up to about 170 internal temp. This test run has been successful and I'll probably use the same technique tomorrow to cook a batch of moinks and ABTs for the family meal I'm working on.

I'm so happy with this kettle that I gave my Char-Griller gasser away today. My GF's brother is the proud new owner of a good gas grill :)

I was gonna give my OTS away after I got my BGE, but I decided to keep it. I've had it for more than 10 years so it's due for a refurb. I'll put the ash catcher on it and the lid hoop.

These things just rawk!

Love my weber gas...but feeling the heat...maybe I should move to the real thing.

I had the same issue. The last time I cooked steaks, I cooked them on the gasser. The last time I cooked burgers, I cooked them on the gasser. After those two cooks, I am going back strictly to charcoal.

I know the quality of the Webers...if/when I make the jump, I wonder if I should go ceramic and BGE or something else...or stick with tried & true. I also like to smoke, but have a Bradley (the microwave of smokers)

I know the quality of the Webers...if/when I make the jump, I wonder if I should go ceramic and BGE or something else...or stick with tried & true. I also like to smoke, but have a Bradley (the microwave of smokers)

Get both. :wink:

It's really up to you as to what you get depending on how you cook and will use it. there is only one requirement in general "it has to be a weber"

A Touch of Gray!

Picked up a few vintage Grays the other day.

Traded a 1952 Cast Iron Cook N Kettle for this Gray 26.75" Weber Bar-B-Q-Kettle.

IMG_3984.jpg

No date stamp, rolled steel handles. Ty never used it and bought it at an Estate Sale, the previous owner must have done some smoking in it, he drilled a hole in the lid and added a Comark thermometer.

IMG_3985.jpg

Remarkably the interior is in much better shape than the exterior.

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

The lid has some kind of road rash and small rust spots on it like and the finish is flaking off, but overall a 26" this old is in pretty good shape.

IMG_3989.jpg

I plan to add a Summit thermometer and bezel in the lid and paint the leg frame. Ordered a premium cover and ash tray for it and and checking with a couple Sheet Metal shops to see if they can fab a rotisserie ring for it similar to the EZ-Que.

While I was cleaning the 26'er up, my neighbor Tom came by and asked me if I wanted the kettle I'd given him a couple years ago back? He admitted that he'd never used it and probably never would. So, I reluctantly said Yes and this is what he gave me!

IMG_3990.jpg

No date stamps on the 22" Bar-B-Q-Kettle or the Smokey Joe-

IMG_3993.jpg

An OTS "G" (1985) Wood handles in very good shape with the logo intact.

I'm rehoming the 22" Bar-B-Q-Kettle to a co-worker (who swears he'll use it)
and the OTS is on craigslist, along with a few of these "Weber Redneck Firepits!

IMG_3991.jpg

I put some Oak on the handles and caps on the legs, the lids were sacrificed to the UDS Gods.

Nice score to find some old ones with steel handles and being in that great shape. they were definitely taken care of

Back