Smokemaster Offset

orangeblood

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know what became of the outfit from Austin, Texas name Smokemaster? They built high quality 100% welded offset stick burners out 1/4 steel. I think they went out of business sometime between 2001 and 2003. I'd like to contact them about spare parts for a unit I bought from them in the mid 90s.

Thanks in advance for any help.

This is a great site and forum.

Hi,
I own one and love it but they are gone as far as I can tell.
There is a company still around that makes a very similar model called Tejas Smokers and they might be able to help you.
(Maybe some of the local TXFO's can chime in as well.

http://www.tejassmokers.com/

thanks west tex - is that your rig on the BBQ pit gallery? I saw the smokemaster sign on the firebox and was hoping that who ever owned that rig would see my post.​

I couldnt be happier with mine. Tejas doesnt come close to the quality of Smokemaster (just my opinion).​

Yep, that's me.

Attachments

• Texas Flag Smokemaster Pit 7 22 07.bmp
    253.2 KB · Views: 197
what type of parts do you need?

Thanks, I meant to ask the same but got pulled away.
Depending on the specifics, most likely there would be other local sources like Klose et al depending on what it may be.
Good luck in your search.

I am looking for a new firebox door with a little more precise intake venting. I thought Smokemaster made the units after mine with a different design.

The suggestion to talk w/Klose is a good one, I'll be in Houston in the Fall.

Thanks for the feedback.

West Tex - looks like your unit has the same intake vent control as mine. How old is yours?

Yes, probably so and I will be curious as to how you do in your search, sounds like a good upgrade/idea/mod.
I got mine second hand from an esteemed Brethren here on LI and figure he had it for 3 or 4 years before that. I have inquired as to the actual dates and will let you know.

Yes, probably so and I will be curious as to how you do in your search, sounds like a good upgrade/idea/mod.
I got mine second hand from an esteemed Brethren here on LI and figure he had it for 3 or 4 years before that. I have inquired as to the actual dates and will let you know.
"Our" smokemaster was born in 2002:biggrin:

Back