My butt's a smokin' - pron

Tight fit. Were you able to get the lid on? Might have to prop them on on their sides for a bit.

How much do you have to play with the ECB to keep temps in order?

Whats in the rub?

Tight fit. Were you able to get the lid on? Might have to prop them on on their sides for a bit.
The lid went on just fine. :clap2:

How much do you have to play with the ECB to keep temps in order?

Since the ECB is using electric heat, there is not much variation in the temp - unless I neglect to add wood when needed :wink:

Whats in the rub?

Let's see ... If I recall, the secret seasoning in the rub included brown sugar, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, gourmet poultry seasoning, Cajun seasoning and black pepper in the original rub. Then, more of the poultry and some chicken seasoning in the "refresher" rub just before cooking.

Now ... for the pics :icon_smile_tongue:

The butts just before heading into the house :cool:
View attachment 46068

The one to be sacrificed first :heh:
View attachment 46069

Sliced and ready for the family - BTW - got rave reviews (very tasty and juicy) :hand:
View attachment 46070

Last edited:
Smoke a butt this Saturday. 4.5 lb and there is enough for 1 more samich! Lunch Tomorrow. Wife figure was very happy!

that looks like the cuban pork that was made in that throwdown with flay and the La caja china dude.
Looks really good.

whats gourmet pultry seasoning? is that chicken cubes or the mixture from mckormic that is thyme, rosemary and sage? thanx

The actual wording is "Premium Spice Blends" by "Twin Tree Gardens". According to the label it contains "Rosemary,bay leaf,salt,ground sage,ground oregano, ground marjoram, ground cumin, and other spices"

It says to "add to turkey, chicken, stuffing, duck, barbeque sauce, and even on veal, lamb and pork"

I got it when it was marked down.

The "Chicken Seasoning" is made by "Spice Supreme". It was also in the mark down bin.

Since sage is used in sausage, I tried some poultry seasoning (the traditional kind) some time back on some pork loin and the family loved it. Been adding some to my pork dishes ever since.

The actual wording is "Premium Spice Blends" by "Twin Tree Gardens". According to the label it contains "Rosemary,bay leaf,salt,ground sage,ground oregano, ground marjoram, ground cumin, and other spices"

It says to "add to turkey, chicken, stuffing, duck, barbeque sauce, and even on veal, lamb and pork"

I got it when it was marked down.

The "Chicken Seasoning" is made by "Spice Supreme". It was also in the mark down bin.

Since sage is used in sausage, I tried some poultry seasoning (the traditional kind) some time back on some pork loin and the family loved it. Been adding some to my pork dishes ever since.

thanx

interesting. I have been looking for a good chicken seasoning i can add to my rub. I might just add half a teaspoon of oregeno, bay leaf, rosemary and the other traditional poultry spices to my rub.. that might work.

Back