Cherry Wood Super Score.........

Puppyboy

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This portion of a cherry tree fell down in a storm about two years ago. That means it's ready to cook with now. SUPER DOUBLE SWEET!!!

Last edited:
I'd love to put that cherry to some good cookin'!

There's enough there to build me a drum set with too.

I've never split cherry so i assume its gonna be hard especially after 2 years ?

Cherry's one of the best splitting woods, IMO. I split a bunch last weekend by hand. It pops right apart. Now, mine weren't logs THAT size, but still it's a great wood to split. I also think it's easier to split when it's sat for a while.

Cherry's one of the best splitting woods, IMO. I split a bunch last weekend by hand. It pops right apart. Now, mine weren't logs THAT size, but still it's a great wood to split. I also think it's easier to split when it's sat for a while.

Thanks for the info. Not a lot of cherry trees in my part of the woods.

Thanks for the info. Not a lot of cherry trees in my part of the woods.

That was a pretty good pun right there. That's a lot of smokin right there, your set for a good long time.:thumb:

I'd love to put that cherry to some good cookin'!

There's enough there to build me a drum set with too.

Nice score! You'll have plenty of good cookin with that! I love cooking with cherry, and I've wanted a cherry stave snare since hearing a local band that used one.

Matt

Once that is all split, I'd love to see how much wood you end up with. And then wish it was all in my backyard.

Nice looking wood. I also scored some cherry wood this weekend from my FIL. He has a sawmill and got a big cherry log that he is using for some coffee tables. I said that I would take the outside cuts. With a bunch of apple tree trimmings that I also got, I may not use any charcoal or hickory this summer. I am thinking that the cherry wood might be good with some John Henry Cherry rub on ribs?

LOVE THAT CHERRY WOOD, burns really clean, lovely stuff. Still prefer apple but much harder for me to get. Next load will be oak to try something new.

Dang, I would make some nice furniture out of the hearwood and smoke some food with the rest. Nice score.

Back