Some Sous Vide Salmon

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
LuzziAnn came home with this:

5qjrraF.jpg

Just added ksalt and pepper. Lightly vac packed so as not to squish the fish and went 131*F for one hour.

jDkO9d6.jpg

Did a quick pan fry (60 seconds) in very hot oil to finish.

fvt72HI.jpg

fmpNNJ9.jpg

Man it was great! If you have not sous vide salmon, give it a try.

Nice looking cook - we love sous vide salmon.
Had it last week with a lemon caper sauce and green beans. Yum!
Guess I need to start posting photos :loco:

Chuck

That is my favorite fish I really need to try this How did you get it to sink to the bottom and only lightly Vac Sealed Mike Mine always floats I sometimes need to put a glass on the bag to hold the food down

Been wanting to try sous vide fish. I have done steaks and pork tenderloin so far. Where did you get the salmon with the butter pat?

Looks great!
I sous vide some frozen salmon filets from Costco that we bought as quarantine food. They came out great. Actually better than the time I use sous vide with fresh salmon.
Unlike with other protein, if you leave fish in the bath too long, it becomes an issue.

That is my favorite fish I really need to try this How did you get it to sink to the bottom and only lightly Vac Sealed Mike Mine always floats I sometimes need to put a glass on the bag to hold the food down

I vac pac only until the fish starts to shrink then hit seal. I would guess approx 95% of air removed. It sinks no problem.

Last edited:
Back