• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help me pick an Austin BBQ restaurant

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Will be in Austin on Saturday to pick up the new toys and going to order curbside from one of the BBQ restaurants. First two that came to mind was Franklin's or Leroy & Lewis. Even thought about making the ride to Brett's Backyard but the kids (including a 2 year old) will be with me and I'm not sure about extending an already 14 hour trip.

So if you had one chance to pickup Austin BBQ curbside, where would you go?

Breakfast - Valentina's BBQ - hands down the best breakfast tacos ever made
Lunch - Styles Switch - Beef ribs or brisket
Dinner - Saltlick - Pork / chicken

You are welcome! :)

rb

rb

Thank you. Styles Switch was in mind as I follow them on Instagram as well. Daughter is a brisket fanatic and she is deadset on making the trip, so I want to make sure she gets something for being a good sport.

rb

Second this about Valentina’s...not only are their breakfast tacos great, but so are their “regular” brisket tacos...ridiculously good!

This many recommendations I'll have to look up Valentina's. Hoping to get there around 9 to the shop so it may fit in perfectly.

Are we still stopping people at the border? What you getting?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If you had to pick ONE I'd try Franklin since it's kinda the OG that started the new school Texas BBQ movement and where the bar is set.

PLAN B: My pick would be laBarbecue.

Breakfast Tacos: Valentinas

Dark Horse: JNL Barbecue (ex pitmaster at Franklin)

I was gonna say La Barbecue but I haven't been in years. It was awesome when I went.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I remember reading about La Barbacue but wasn't sure if it was still worth it since John Lewis left.

I wasn’t thrilled with La Barbecue when I went. Really everything was subpar. La Valentina is great, as is Black’s (some of the best brisket I’ve ever had), Stiles Switch, and Kerlin’s. Of course if you can score Franklin’s this close to the day then you gotta try it. Stay away from Salt Lick...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered Franklin's curbside this morning for pickup Saturday. Also checked Valentina's and they only take real time call ins, so I think we will try and get breakfast tacos Saturday morning from Valentina's. Thanks for the suggestions you guys.

In the future I plan on trying to make it out to Texas at least once or twice a year for BBQ. So far I've only been able to check of Roegels and Evie Mae's. Obviously, Evie Mae's has set the bar for me.

Juan In A Million for breakfast.
Take a cooler. Stock up in sausage from Southside Market
Find a retailer for Slovacek Sausage. Buy the Garlic
Head up to Taylor and buy several pounds of Taylor Red Weiners
Then Brett’s
Then College Station for a burger & real fries Koppe Bridge

Honestly I’d call ahead everywhere as in these rapidly changing times some may have altered menus, hours or closed

I’d carry two coolers for Sausage

John Mueller in Granger, 40 minute drive northeast of Austin. Granger city brewing.

Also, Leroy and Lewis, Valentinas, as many others have said.

Watching Chuds BBQ videos on YouTube is what really has me wanting to go to Leroy and Lewis.

6th st lol, only time I went there, street food was great whatever it was, my buddy is spanish and he ordered, asked what it was he said,dont ask just eat lol. it was all good , too much beer for some reason.

Back