Bison Short Ribs w/pron

Absolutely AWESOME! I eat about 9 buffalos to every cow out here as it's easy to find, but I have never seen buffalo ribs! I am going to have to call Olivers in the city and see if I can get some of these. Now I know who'll I'll be asking for cooking advice! Thanks for tutorial man!

....and here is the half plate I left pretty much intact. 2 hours smoke--2 hours wrapped--20 minutes to sauce and sear. I am still amazed at the amount of shrinkage but they still came out quite moist and tender. These puppies are so rich. I am glad I saw that cucumber at the store and had the wife whip up a pickled cuke salad to counter the heavy meat. This was my first time smoking buff rather than just grilling. I have a short list of changes for the next time but am more than ready to do this cut again. The appearance/plating obviously needs some work but that wasn't high on my priority list.
I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I actually lost sleep last night over this cook. Never again to fear the beast!!!!

Attachments

• Finished bones 3.jpg
    Finished bones 3.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Finished bones 4.jpg
    Finished bones 4.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Finished bones 5.jpg
    Finished bones 5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 122
looks great! love the smoke ring on the first set almost penetrating all the way.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Like I said, I will lower my temp to around 205-210 next time but other than that I was pretty pleased with the outcome. I used oak for an hour and a half then hickory for the last half hour of smoke. I really liked the profile that combo gave.

Hmmm I wonder how much a buff brisket weighs? On to the next cook boys.......

Look tasty!

Interested in the pickled cucumber salad...care to share the recipe? Wife loves cucumber but I'm not much of a fan of raw cucumbers. A pickled cucumber sald might be a good compromise. ;)

Look tasty!

Interested in the pickled cucumber salad...care to share the recipe? Wife loves cucumber but I'm not much of a fan of raw cucumbers. A pickled cucumber sald might be a good compromise. ;)

I keep it real simple. Sliced cuke and added balsamic and Italian dressing to taste. DUBBAGA's posted recipe sounds tasty too.

Back