New to Q Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrawf

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Greetings from Canada!!
I've been gas grilling for years (called bbq'ing around here). I recently tried some real bbq at local joint that just opened and I fell in love with it. Because this style of food is so new around here, it costs an arm and leg for a pulled pork sandwich. I decided I could do a decent job at it at home so I rigged up my gas grill to smoke some ribs and they turned out pretty good. I recently decided to build a UDS and now I'm out of control!! Its all I want to do on the weekends now and every time is getting better.
This forum has been a great resource for me and I've spent hours reading and finding more inspiration. I am a little jealous though... here on the east coast of canada, I'm pretty limited to variety of meats and wood. I cant find a pork shoulder over 5 lbs and no brisket anywhere! As for wood, I can get maple and oak, but if I want hickory or mesquite, I'm limited to chips only.
All in all, things are going great and only getting better. My neighbors and co-workers are loving it and most have never had real bbq before. I'll be spending lots of time here picking up pointers and recipes from the brethren. I'll post some pics of my tiny pork shoulders tomorrow when i put some on.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard jcrawf!

Welcome to the crew!
Remember, when it comes to BBQ, you can BBQ just about anything, when lacking standard resources, get creative but, always, above all, have fun!

As for wood, I can get maple and oak, but if I want hickory or mesquite

Have a look at Smokinlicious Gourmet Wood Products. We stock a few species of smoking wood, including hickory chunks!

Welcome to the Brethren. You can learn a lot here but we look forward to what you can share with us.

Welcome aboard jcrawf, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome from Indiana!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back