MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:54 AM   #286
AZRaptor
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeff

As a big fan of vinegar based sauces, I can’t believe this thread started over five years ago, and I only saw it for the first time today. I did a search for sugar free BBQ sauces and found a thread that linked to this.

I will definitely be making a batch of this to have around the house and may use this as the base for my daily ACV-based morning drink.

I decided to reply to give others that haven’t seen this yet the chance to do so. I know I’m glad to have found it.
"[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3394956&postcount=48"]Eleanor[/URL]" my [URL="http://www.ShirleyFabrication.com"]Shirley Fabrication[/URL] 24x50 RF Straight Back Cabinet Smoker
[URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/"]Blaz’n Grill Works[/URL] [URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/the-grid-iron/"]Grid Iron[/URL] Pellet smoker
AZRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #287
hurricanedavid
is one Smokin' Farker

Looks great for those of us who have to stay away from sugar, gona make a batch in the near future. Thanks for bringing it back to the surface.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #288
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Replace the paprika in the recipe with cayenne and you have Tidewater Thin instead of Shack Attack. Might try that when I make the next batch.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #289
Dusty
Got Wood.

My wife won't eat Pulled Pork without it, and panics when we get low. Kind of the same way she is with butter, lol.
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #290
AZRaptor
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeff

I just mixed up our first batch and put it in the fridge for a few days to meld together. Should be just about perfect when the household is healthy again.
"[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3394956&postcount=48"]Eleanor[/URL]" my [URL="http://www.ShirleyFabrication.com"]Shirley Fabrication[/URL] 24x50 RF Straight Back Cabinet Smoker
[URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/"]Blaz’n Grill Works[/URL] [URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/the-grid-iron/"]Grid Iron[/URL] Pellet smoker
AZRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2018, 06:19 AM   #291
16Adams

Bumped

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-28-2018, 06:20 AM   #292
16Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_ View Post
Sometimes I make pulled pork so I can make some Shack Attack
Amen

1 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup of your favorite hot sauce
1 Tablespoon (TBS) Paprika
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt
2 TBS Yellow Mustard (French)

Some variations I’ve tried
Jack Daniels
Vodka
Red wine
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Beer lite and dark
Texas Pete’s and multiple others
BBQ Rubs
Oil
Others

Last edited by 16Adams; 04-28-2018 at 06:39 AM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2018, 08:27 PM   #293
Smokie185
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Amen

1/4 cup water
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt

Some variations I’ve tried
Jack Daniels
Vodka
Red wine
Ketchup
BBQ sauce
Beer lite and dark
Texas Pete’s and multiple others
BBQ Rubs
Oil
Others
Which variations were successful and which were not?

Old 04-30-2018, 01:30 PM   #294
jemezspring
is one Smokin' Farker

With nearly 300 replies and 6 active years you got to figure this stuff is good. Been making it since the beginning and have a bottle on hand most all the time. Good on much more than pork.

Here are my variations from the original recipe. Measurements are the same.

Huy Fung Sriracha
Smoked paprik
Dijon mustard

No matter how you make it, it's all good. Just took a shot of it. It really wakes up the taste buds.
jemezspring is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2019, 11:22 AM   #295
LYU370

Bump for any new people that haven't tried this awesome recipe. And it's KETO friendly, that's the in thing now I guess.

If you replace the paprika with cayenne, you get Tide Water Thin. Just as great, but a little hotter.

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link

Old 06-29-2019, 03:54 PM   #296
SMetroHawkeye
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Hawkeye

Thanks Andy! This is great - I made it with your cayenne swap a year ago and haven’t looked back!
[B]Current Corral:[/B] LSG VO 24” ([I]Li’l Herky[/I]); MAK Two-Star General ([I]Mando[/I]); PK360 with GrillGrates ([I]Galgadot[/I]); Vision Pro Kamado ([I]Punkinhead[/I]); WSM 22” ([I]The Droid[/I]); Weber Kettle ([I]Dory[/I]); Bull Angus ([I]Gasser[/I])
SMetroHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-29-2019, 04:53 PM   #297
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMetroHawkeye View Post
Thanks Andy! This is great - I made it with your cayenne swap a year ago and haven’t looked back!
Not my recipe/swap. Just passing along what I've found on this site over the years. I'm kind of torn between the two.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:35 PM   #298
2PigsBBQ
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brian

Made this for the first time and used chipotle instead of Paprika and hot and sweet mustard instead of yellow. Came out awesome. I added some to a bowl of brisket chilli and it really took it up a notch. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Old 07-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #299
bschoen
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Grail View Post
Maldon Sea Salt...now that I've heard of. I'm not sure I'd use Maldon Sea Salt. It's really classified as a finishing salt, some even think it's better than Fluer de Sel. But I'll see if I can come up with a conversion. The much smaller salt flakes make it a little harder to figure out.

Go by weight. Weigh out a tbs of table salt, then measure the same weight of what you want to use, Maldon, and there is your conversion.
bschoen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2019, 09:02 AM   #300
kendall
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boshizzle View Post
Here is a delicious version of an old VA BBQ sauce inspired by a VA BBQ man named Shack. I drink this stuff straight, that's how good it is. It has no sugar in it, so sweet sauce fans may want to stay away.

1/4 cup water
1 TBS Black Pepper
1 TBS Kitchen Salt

Mix well, let sit for at least 24 to 48 hours before serving for best results. I blend it in my Ninja, that's why it's about 16 ounces total.

delicious AND sugar free