Q100 owners

S

suprfast

Just picked up a Q100 to replace the charcoal since I am moving to an apt near my college.

I was curious to see people's finished product from the q100/200. Nothing more, nothing less.

Kris

I have no photo's as it generally isn't around long enough tho take pictures. I have had one for 4 years or so. It's the 2 of us and I cook lunches and dinners on it. Roast corn,both wet and dry, fish, salmon, shrimp, scallops, lobster tails steak, dogs, burgers, ribs both the slow and faster cook versions.
the heat control isn't bad for such a small grill.

Parents are halfway through their 80's got them a set up including the stand they sell. As the charcoal grill was just to big of a pain for them to drag it out and use. I had refurbished the grill for them two years ago. It was the first one they bought for the first house they owned etc. it was at their up north place till the sold that.

It was from the late 50's
DSCF9605.jpg

Don't remember the make, but they built them good back then. Other than a layer of rust inside and out, the bowl was in great shape and the chrome on the grill was great.

But that's another post.

If you shut the tank valve off, the gas will last a long time. I use 10 pounder and have a 40 pounder for back up :-D

Other than cleaning the ground on the ignitor system and scraping the curd out once a year. It sits out on the deck with their cover on it and looks like the day I bought it.

I think for the money and its size, it is one of the better buys for a small foot print grill.

I know that you will be happy to have it after you get the hang of it.

Did burgers from the recipe in this forum for lunch today and roasted corn and the frozen Aldi Southern Chicken breast for dinner.
:thumb:

Here ya go! I like it alot for quick stuff it's a great little grill. Works like the big boys and saves on fuel. Plus it's portable which is a huge plus.

Beer brats
brats004.jpg

brats008.jpg

Boneless marinated thighs
Picture044.jpg

avocado burger
10-9-10006.jpg

10-9-10010.jpg

Very nice. So far my only complaint is that I cannot cook indirect. I doubt this is purchased for that reason though. I think it gets hotter than my old gas grill that I never used. I have it hooked up to my 20lb tank. Should last me a long time.

Here ya go! I like it alot for quick stuff it's a great little grill. Works like the big boys and saves on fuel. Plus it's portable which is a huge plus.

Beer brats
brats004.jpg

brats008.jpg

Boneless marinated thighs
Picture044.jpg

avocado burger
10-9-10006.jpg

10-9-10010.jpg

I was viewing from my phone earlier, but WOW. never thought of doing that with avocados.
kris

Neither had I but I will do it more often. It really softens up the avocados for smashing for guacamole. I learned it on this site from a fellow brethren :-D I think it was King

throw an onion, tomato, and jalapeño and grill up some guacamole.

I have done that on the Q before but it was for a fire roasted salsa. Good stuff. The cast iron grates give you killer sear marks. I've done steaks, chops, sausages of all kinds, corn, burgers, dogs, fajitas, wings, pizzas. It's a good grill for weekday meals when I don't feel like starting up the kettle. But I always feel like firing up the kettle so I'm torn. I just like fire what can I say. Stove doesn't get lots of use nowadays.

Back