Building a stick burner

thebbqkid

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Starting to build a offset. love my uds but, I want a bigger cooking area, I can't figure how to get pics off my phone to put on here if someone can help that would be great.
Thanks
The kid

Im currently building a 30"d x 60" offset jambo style cooker... If u got questions i can let u know what i have found so far and how im building mine.

Ya mine is a 64x24 110gal pressure tank. I was going to mount it on a trailer but I don't have the funds right now and my phones a htc hero s

I have an iphone and I just email the pictures to myself, save it to the desktop, and then upload them. I haven't figured out how to do it straight from the phone yet but this way will work.

Last edited:
do the andriod phone have a tapatalk app? thats how i do it from my iphone.

Here she is, not put together yet just set them up to see what it looks like.
IMAG0228.jpg

Nice! Offsets For the win! :clap:

are you doing Tuning Plates? If not may be something you want to consider to help keep those temps even across your whole cooking area.. Your Firebox looks a little small... may want to consider something a little bigger.. better safe than sorry.. Great looking build though!!

I'm going to have to build another fire box the one in the pic is to small ” I did the calculations last night, I'm thinking of having tuning plates half way then make a baffel plate the rest. What do you all think

I'd go with just a baffle plate with holes cut like the ones from Horizon Smokers. I've heard they work great in larger offsets.

I have an iphone and I just email the pictures to myself, save it to the desktop, and then upload them. I haven't figured out how to do it straight from the phone yet but this way will work.

You can use Motocast and a cable to transfer from androids to your computer, but, I usually do like you are doing it now.
It's too easy to email it to me... :becky:

For my fire box I got another tank that's 24”diameter by 27long plenty big for the tank, and I'm using a 4” stack just to get a little more height to show off the stainless ;)

Heres the first build pic with the new fire box
Legs being welding together made saddles so I wasn't welding right to the tank.
More to come tomorrow:thumb:
IMAG0233.jpg

Back