• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What in your Opinion is the tastiest piece of Beef

Ribeye, hands down. Best intense marbling of any steak I've ever seen. Throw a few weeks of dry aging (wet also works) and its even better. If you're talking about que though, my favorite is probably brisket (with salt and pepper- not sure if thats what you meant though when you excluded rubs).

Last edited:
Most any beef that raised at home would be superior in taste. Nothing like store bought beef. At least all that I have had. Huge difference.

Good question, Titch. Well, without any seasonings of any kind, I guess for me it would have to be a chuck blade steak or tritip. And the least tasty would be filet mignon-- that stuff only has taste appeal when it is properly dressed.

No sauces or Rubs,no one cares on how tough.
What is the tastiest cut of Beef, in your opinion.

Although I would not eat it again if I knew what it was....

I was served a piece of beef, so tender and so flavorful beyond anything I had ever tried. I loved it and we stuffed ourselves. The tenderness wasn't the determining issue, but it did make it even more enjoyable. The flavor of the beef was just so intense...

After the picnic was over and all was put away, we were told it was beef tongue. I will still say it was the best piece of beef I had ever eaten, I just can't bring myself to eat it knowing that it is beef tongue..

Mind over Matter I guess..

For steak...rib eye, no question. For roast beef, there is a cut we get up here in New England called a "spoon roast" that I absolutely love.

A good quality seared NY strip. Sirloin would be second. I love ribeyes too. I must say that I have never had tri-tip. Can't find it around here. I may order one online to see what all the buzz is about.

As much as I love a good riebeye/prime rib, I really like the flavor of a top sirloin a bit better. I have yet to try a tritip, but it is certainly on my radar after reading all the good things here.

KC

As much as I live ribeye and brisket I would have to say properly marinated skirt steak or flank steak. Love me some beef fajitas....

never meet up with a hunk of beef that I would put at the bottom..however to answer the question ...for me....rib eye / prime rib//tri tip// brisket//

For me... prime rib/rib eye. No contest. :thumb:

I am not sure how most measure flavour but no question hanger steak has the most. However a close second must be beef cheek.
How one can compare rib eye, tri tip, brisket etc etc to those two bewilders me.
John

Back