MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
Brauma
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Any of ya'll on Food TV?

I was engrossed in the Food TV coverage of the Memphis world Q competition last night. Man that made me hungry! And thirsty.

I was wondering, were any of you guys there as competitors? Or just there for the Q?

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #2
mhumm38
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I wish I was!!! The Tower Rock team is from my home town, and the man they interviewed, Mike Mills is also from my hometown. Neat to see people you know on TV! The other night on the Al roker Memphis BBQ special, His very first on site judge was from Murphysboro. Nancy started in Murphysboro years ago helping in our BBQ cook-offs. Man what a Honor that must be to judge at Memphis!
mhumm38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #3
chad

Not yet! I've had my butt kicked by Jack's Old South (Myron Dixon) and Big Bob Gibson's BBQ (Chris Lilly) several times! :D

BBQ-Brethren should be on a new episode of All American Festivals if they ever get around to airing it! "Guitarbeque" at Asbury Park, NJ, last summer.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
dapittboss
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Looks like a lot of fun, I would like to make a vacation trip out of it. Someday...

Oklahoma Joe Highland Smoker
Brinkmann Trailmaster Vertical offset
35LB commercial deep fryer
dapittboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
Brauma

Maybe I was seeing things but I could have sworn I saw the BBQ-Brethren logo flash by on that show. It was really quick but I think I saw it hanging like a poster on one of the teams trailer.

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan

Old 05-27-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
Solidkick

If you know who you are looking for, you'll see Dr. BBQ, JMinion, and I think WooDoogies. These guys are on the AR 2003 show on the Food Network.
I see several I recognize from the competiton circuit, but are not necessarily BBQ-Brethren members.

Hopefully, AR 2005 will have several Brethren cooking there, not only in the open, but in the invitiational. That would be sweet!!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
icemn62
Babbling Farker

Wasn't there a show in which the brethren figured highly in last year, a festival / competition I believe. I would run a search, but you have no idea the troubles I have with pop ups, and everything else whenever I come on this site from work.

I AM LOVING THE SMOKE

WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
icemn62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

last year wqe took a first and second/ 4th overall at the NJ state Championship in Asbury park, we were interviewd by that guy on "American Festivals" and "secret life of BBQ". Dont know if they ever made it to the air, but i would think one of us would have seen it if we did. CT state championship again a 1st and a second with 4th overall, that was taped for some local BBQ showed that aired in October and we were supposibly on that. I didn't get the channel(57), but got the letter that it was going to be on.

What show was it?? .. would love to know if our Pig is out there unbeknown to us.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2005, 06:53 AM   #9
Brauma

This is off subject but I'll throw it out because of ICEMN62's post. I use a relativley new browser called MAXTHON. Do a Google search on it. No need: www.maxthon.com. Ive been on it for a little over a year and love it. It has tabs so that you can have multiple pages open and just tab between them. Its free too. I highly recommend it. I get no, zero pop-ups.

On subject: I guess I'm looking forward to the day that I meet some of you guys at a Bash. I'm not sure about the pickling thang but you guys sound fun. I'll keep watching for a Bash near me.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #10
beerguy
is One Chatty Farker

Where can we find a list of the competitions? Sounds like a great vacation planner tool!

Traeger BBQ100
18.5 " WSM X2
Weber Gold Kettle 22 1/2"
Weber 18 1/2 "
22.5 " WSM X2
beerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2005, 03:57 PM   #11
Solidkick

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerguy
Where can we find a list of the competitions? Sounds like a great vacation planner tool!
What area of the country do you live so we know what kind of competitions are close to you? Florida=FBA, Cali=CBA, Midwest=KCBS, southeast=MIM and FBA, West and northwest=WBA

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2005, 05:02 PM   #12
chad

You can also go to www.kcbs.us and check the national calendar. National BBQ News is a good newsletter that covers a lot of sanctioning orgainizations (FBA, NEBS, etc). Most associations/sanctioning bodies have a website with calendar.

"It's all about getting paid!" - Myron Mixon
"I love being hated in my hometown!" - David Hair

KingFisher Gator Rotisserie cooker (RIP), WSM (RIP), Stainless 5 burner with IR gas grill (RIP), Turkey Fryer, Weber JD Commemorative grill (RIP), Masterbuilt 40" insulated ELECTRIC smoker (new heating element),
Pit Boss Tailgater pellet pooper.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #13
Brauma

Hey beerguy/newbie. Get your fat arse on over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!!

I can cuss him like that because I knows him.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:54 PM   #14
jamelvin
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I am from the same town as mhumm and there were also a couple of other people pictured from there. Nancy and her hubby Dennis were featured in the MIM special. Another judge from our town was in the background when they were in the blind judging tent.