MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > NCGrimbo's StokeMaster app

Notices

NCGrimbo's StokeMaster app Stoke Master is an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch application that can be used to manage your BBQ Stoker. This forum is where you can leave comments, ask questions, report bugs, and look over the FAQ for the application.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #16
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbmgb View Post
Excellent idea! Now to come out for this same app. for Android powered phones!!!
Q: Will there be an Andriod version of Stoke Master?

A: Once all the features I'm planning on added to Stoke Master have been included in the iOS version, I will be looking into an Andriod version. I've never written any code for Andriods, so I will have to see if the language used to code those devices is something I can pick up easily.
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo

Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #17
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Q: Do you have a Twitter account?

A: Yes I do. Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/StokeMasterApp.
"At what point did we forget that the Space Shuttle was, essentially, a program that strapped human beings to an explosion and tried to stab through the sky with fire and math? How jaded do we have to be to lose collective interest in that?" - Robert Brockway
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 09-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Q: After I change the name of a probe or the temperature values of the probe and then return to the probe view, it doesn't look like it was updated. Why is this?

A: To make sure I only show what the Stoker is displaying, the changes you make are only sent to the Stoker and not stored in the local database. Once you return to the probes view, the app will ask the Stoker for the latest information and then store that in the database for display. If you check the upper left hand corner of your iOS device when you return to the probes view, you should see the activity indicator spinning while the app waits for the Stoker to give it the information about the probes.
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 09-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbmgb View Post
Excellent idea! Now to come out for this same app. for Android powered phones!!!

I second That
Old 10-02-2011, 11:51 AM   #20
Bossmanbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
I second That
Another vote for An Android Application! That would be AWESOME!!

" You can put all of the sauce on it you want, but you still have to master the art of cooking barbecue"
- Mike Mills-
Old 10-04-2011, 09:09 AM   #21
BuckW
Found some matches.

Question iPhone Hotspot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCGrimbo View Post
Q: I'd like to use your app at my next BBQ competition. What do I need besides the Stoker and a power supply?

A: You will need a wireless router that also has wired connectors. Make sure you have configured the router at home before you head out to the competition. You'll need to hook it up to a computer and make sure the Stoker and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch can connect to the router's network. Once you have all 3 devices talking, all you have to do at the competition is give the router power, plug the Stoker into the router, and then connect to the network with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Once all this is done you will be ready to go.

One note, if the ip address of the Stoker changes at the competition from what it was when you were home, you will need to register the new ip address as a new Stoker or edit your existing Stoker and replace it's ip address with the new ip address.
With the addition to make the iPhone a hot spot would you be able to use this as the wireless router? Then would you be able to use the app on the same iPhone or would you need another iPhone or iPad?
Old 10-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #22
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckW View Post
With the addition to make the iPhone a hot spot would you be able to use this as the wireless router? Then would you be able to use the app on the same iPhone or would you need another iPhone or iPad?
I don't have an iPhone, just an iPad, so I don't know exactly how the hot spot works in that configuration. But from what I know of how networking should work, this configuration with the WiFi version of the Stoker should work with just one iPhone. The key is this: the IP address given to the Stoker by the hot spot needs to be accessable by the iPhone on the hot spot.

-NCGrimbo
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 10-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #23
Catsailor
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Alarm for Target temp goes off all the time

For some reason every minute or so the alarm for Target Temp keeps going off. Is there a way to stop this? I modified the interval and range and it had not affect. This is annoying and unusable application at night if I cannot figure this out. Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #24
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsailor View Post
For some reason every minute or so the alarm for Target Temp keeps going off. Is there a way to stop this? I modified the interval and range and it had not affect. This is annoying and unusable application at night if I cannot figure this out. Thanks for your help in advance.
Hey. I will need some more information to figure out what is going on. Can you email me at [email protected] and let me know what version of the app you are running (v1.0 or v1.1) and if you would send me a screen shot (press the home button and the power button at the same time) from the iPhone or iPad with your options setting, I will take a look.
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 10-30-2011, 08:47 AM   #25
jfabernathy
Got rid of the matchlight.

Has anyone tested Stoke Master with Stoker Firmware version 2.7.0.31? I have noticed that both Stoke Master and StokerLog seem to have a polarity problem with the Fire pit alarm setting. If I use the web interface to set up my Fire pit alarm on the Stoker, and then view it with either Stoker Master or StokerLog it shows as not set. It I then set the fire pit alarm with either Stoker Master or StokerLog, it turns it off when viewed using the Web interface on the Stoker.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #26
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfabernathy View Post
Has anyone tested Stoke Master with Stoker Firmware version 2.7.0.31? I have noticed that both Stoke Master and StokerLog seem to have a polarity problem with the Fire pit alarm setting. If I use the web interface to set up my Fire pit alarm on the Stoker, and then view it with either Stoker Master or StokerLog it shows as not set. It I then set the fire pit alarm with either Stoker Master or StokerLog, it turns it off when viewed using the Web interface on the Stoker.
I haven't loaded that version of the firmware, so I'm not aware of any issues. I will try to get that firmware loaded and do some testing in the next week or so to see if this is an issue with StokeMaster or the firmware.

Until then, I would suggest backing down your firmare to 2.7.0.8
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #27
agold791
Found some matches.

Default Blower Pause

Can this app take advantage of the "Blower Pause" feature to stop the blowers for 5 min while the smoker lid is open?
Old 12-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #28
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by agold791 View Post
Can this app take advantage of the "Blower Pause" feature to stop the blowers for 5 min while the smoker lid is open?
Not yet, but there will be a future version that handles the blower when opening the lid.
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo
Old 12-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #29
ScottoRoboto
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Stoker V6.7

I just received my new stoker and am having a problem with Stokerlog sending update emails or texts. They come through just fine when I use the SEND TEST EMAIL button, but none otherwise. I will add that the twitter update functions are working perfectly. Any help with this would be fantastic. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #30
NCGrimbo
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottoRoboto View Post
I just received my new stoker and am having a problem with Stokerlog sending update emails or texts. They come through just fine when I use the SEND TEST EMAIL button, but none otherwise. I will add that the twitter update functions are working perfectly. Any help with this would be fantastic. Thanks.
I didn't write StokerLog, so I can not give you any help with that. A guy named Amir wrote that and he's fairly active at http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9270072103. If you post a question there, he will probably see it and respond.

-NCGrimbo
Weber 26.5"
Yoder YS640

-NCGrimbo