What do you spend per competition?

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I did two competitions in 2008 and I firgure with entry fees, beer, gas, beer, meats, beer, food, beer, supplies, beer I spent between $500-$600 for each event. I just wondered what others are ball parking. Oh I almost left out beer :mrgreen:

Probably between $400 and $500. That would included everything.

Edit: just to break it down.

Entry fees are around $150 here.
Meat is usually around $120
Beer and food probably $50-$75
Plus fuel, but I was lucky enough to not have to travel over an hour this year. Two contests were within 15 minutes.

Last edited:
About a thousand, I'm sure the gas prices will make a rebound just in time for next season.

on average out of pocket - $1000+ including hotels for far away new england and east coast contests. $500-$600 for the local ONE. :roll:

My guess....for contests around my area..

Entry = $200.00 - $300.00
Meat = $180.00 - $200.00
Misc Supplies = $150.00 - $200.00
Fuel = $100.00 - $150.00
Booze = $50.00 - $70.00
--------------------------
yep I'm guessin with a fuzzy math factor worked in $900.00 - $1000.00 ish

O yeh and about $50.00 for side bets.

Since there are nooooooooooooo local contests around Cleveland, it is usually a minimum of 3-4 hours drive, gas prices-ouch, contest entry-always try to get the early bird special, meat, extras, probably around 800 a contest.....most so far was 1100 due to going 8 hours hauling a trailer.......but, hey, I got a nice plaque......

Including fuel, figure about $1000 per contests for ones around here.

I still havent put up my AR/Jack post... one interesting part of that journey was those 3 contests with travel costs were upwards of $6-$7,000. Details to follow once i get off my ass and finish the post.

This year, excluding the Royal we spent $500-$600 for each contest (excluding booze). After taking prize money into account, we averaged a net expense of just $225 per contest. We split everything 3 ways for most contests and that comes out to just $75 each per contest.

Usually about $800 for contests here in Georgia, up to $1000 if we have to leave the state depending on the current cost of diesel.

$600-$800 depending on gas and how long we have to rent the trailer! But that includes motel, my Mom and sister are on the team and they will not sleep on site. Mom is 82 an can still whip me so I do not balk!

Avg comp cost before winnings - $602.89
Avg comp cost after winnings - $435.89

Nearly $100 per comp is just gas. We split costs 50/50.

We do too freaking much driving. It's about a thousand bucks to pull out of the driveway.
Hell, going to the Jack we spent more than that in gas alone.
blank.gif

We work really hard to be really cheap.
$400 - $450 per contest if it's close. If we have to drive, add $50 - $100 to that.

Often times we will sell leftovers to offset the cost too...plus there are winnings to help too. We set up a checking acct last year. We used to split the cost for each contest, but now we are able to pay for contest costs out of the team's pocket, not our own.

Back