15 bean soup & fresh baked bread, ahhhh

Desert Dweller

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
The secret :icon_shy of my 15 bean soup is leftover smoked ham...(Last night's dinner, see other thread.) Yes, I use Hurst's HamBeens brand beans, but forget that ham flavor packet that comes with it. Instead, add two pounds of smoked ham, cooked off the bone in a crock pot. Then instead of cooking the beans in 2 quarts of water, use the water flavored by the ham from the crockpot. Also double the garlic. :idea: About a tablespoon of Todd's Dirt is the only additional seasoning besides changing the Garlic amount.

The bread is an Artisian Ciabatta. Very light and airy on the inside, with a thick robust crust. :wink: This bread also makes a great bun for hamburgers.

Attachments

• Suasage Bacon Weave 003.jpg
    Suasage Bacon Weave 003.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 176
  • bean soup 002.jpg
    bean soup 002.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 176
  • bean soup 003.jpg
    bean soup 003.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 177
  • bean soup 005.jpg
    bean soup 005.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 175
  • bean soup 006.jpg
    bean soup 006.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 176
  • bean soup 007.jpg
    bean soup 007.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 174
I can live (and die) on those Hambeans! You're right, leave out the seasoning packet!

I use a few cans of Ro-Tel in mine along with double smoked Hamhocks-Oh Yeah!

I can live (and die) on those Hambeans! You're right, leave out the seasoning packet!

I use a few cans of Ro-Tel in mine along with double smoked Hamhocks-Oh Yeah!

That HamBeens does make a nice pot of soup. I used it with my leftover ham bone from the holidays. No flavor packet needed either.
How many ham hocks did you use for a pot of soup?

That HamBeens does make a nice pot of soup. I used it with my leftover ham bone from the holidays. No flavor packet needed either.
How many ham hocks did you use for a pot of soup?

No hamhocks, see above...:roll:

man that looks fantastic. I'd definitely be fluffin' the sheets after eating those!

Looks real good! I have not seen those HamBeens before, will need to find a bag.

Looks good,,, every time I eat beans my wife says I pretty much marinade her while sleeping.... in ahhh well, bean gas:eek::biggrin:

Those look great. I have made them with Navy and Pinto beans and both turned out good different but good. I'll have to try the 15 bean combo. I also add an onion and some carrots sometimes.

man that looks fantastic. I'd definitely be fluffin' the sheets after eating those!

Yeah, and he's got 6 people in that house eatiin' beans :eek:.

Good lookin' eats right there, Bo :biggrin:.

Will you adopt me? Please? :biggrin:

aww man...I wasnt hungry untill I saw that ham and the beans.....
BEEE-YOOOO-tiful!

Back