Bacon Cone Scotch Egg Sundae! (Pron)

BigButzBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Some days you just need to pull out some bacon and do some experimenting. I was having one of those days the other day, I had done some burgers and pizza earlier in the week but, I was greatly lacking in smoker time, bacon and sausage seemed to be the perfect answer. Now, I've wrapped bacon around alot of things but, I decided I wanted to really try to do something different with it. So through way too much time spent thinking on it. I decided to make a Bacon Cone Scotch Egg Sundae!

I started with, Bacon (of course), a roll of sausage, a couple of freshly hard boiled eggs, some rub, and of course, BBQ Sauce.
004.jpg

A coupe of strips of the bacon got "candied" up.
006.jpg

They were joined up with a couple strips I wanted to pre-cook.
007.jpg

Onto the smoker those went. While they were cooking, I made up a mat of bacon.
008.jpg

Next came constructing a form to wrap the mat upon to form my bacon cone.
010.jpg

Onto the mat it went.
012.jpg

Then it was wrapped with the mat.
013.jpg

I then pealed the shells off the eggs and retrieve the two pre-cooked bacon pieces from the smoker.
014.jpg

The eggs were wrapped with the bacon. Then came the sausage.
022.jpg

Here are the eggs wrapped up in sausagey goodness and dusted with some rub.
025.jpg

The bacon cone and Scotched Eggs then went onto the smoker cruising at 225.
029.jpg

After about an hour, the cone had good through and firmed up perfectly.
033.jpg

Then came time to put it all together. I placed both "scoops" of Scotch eggs into the cone, drizzled some BBQ Sauce, on top and then added some Pig Candy sprinkles.
036.jpg

039.jpg

And of course the bite!
046.jpg

Thanks for looking!

WOW I will have to take 2 lipitor just for looking at the pics :)

it looks great

how did it taste?

WOW I will have to take 2 lipitor just for looking at the pics :)

it looks great

how did it taste?

There was a bacon coma that resulted afterwards but, yeat, it was pure awesome, I love Scotch eggs to begin with, throw in pig candy and nice smokey bacon. Wouldn't reccomend one every day but, ooooohh yeeeaaahhh, it was good.

OK.. that is just an amazing piece of creative baconry!
Trademark that bad boy and sell them at carnivals and state fairs!:clap2::clap2::thumb::thumb:

My vote was leaning towards the fabulous "Pig NEWTONS".... but now... just not so sure!:confused::confused:

All I can say is WOW and I thought all the crazy's hung out in the woodpile? That definately required some thinking........

Back