MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #16
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good stuff.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2019, 08:30 AM   #17
mbigtoe
Knows what a fatty is.

I really enjoyed it. I wasn't able to watch live, so I watched it Friday night and Saturday morning. I was a little surprised to see a 3+ hour running time, but it went fast due to good content and fast forwarding the ads and the time that just showed the sponsors.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:44 AM   #18
Right on Q
is One Chatty Farker

Watched the recording on Saturday. Both me and my wife enjoyed it. Looking forward to more of these!

Also Jason and Megan did a great job

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #19
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I managed to miss all of this :( and probably won't spend time to watch the whole recording

Are there any plans to flag highlights with time stamps?

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2019, 09:40 AM   #20
manmeatbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

The live stream was awesome. I was hoping to get some live judging reactions, or an interview or two with a random sample of judges as to what they thought (just after each category). This would help a lot of cooks see the judging process and maybe get inside the head of a judge.

Last edited by manmeatbbq; 03-18-2019 at 09:49 AM..
manmeatbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #21
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
I managed to miss all of this :( and probably won't spend time to watch the whole recording

Are there any plans to flag highlights with time stamps?
We are going to release an edited down highlight package soon. Running time will be 15-20 minutes.

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #22
gettinbasted
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by manmeatbbq View Post
The live stream was awesome. I was hoping to get some live judging reactions, or an interview or two with a random sample of judges as to what they thought (just after each category). This would help a lot of cooks see the judging process and maybe get inside the head of a judge.
That was the intent, but our onsite judging tent got wiped out from the wind. We had to hold judging down the street too far away for our cameras. We made do, but it did miss a key component. Look for judge reactions on our next one!

Congrats on that big win on Saturday!

Old 03-18-2019, 10:20 AM   #23
manmeatbbq
Knows what a fatty is.

I thought the tent may have had something to do with it.

Thanks. The class may have had something to do with it.
manmeatbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #24
5am
On the road to being a farker

Format was nice! It looked pretty smooth considering how hectic it can get there. A step up from what they typically have at the event for sure. The quality was also impressive. Only thing... I wish who ever was representing KSU would have stepped it up and got the W, oh well .

Old 03-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #25
BurntFinger_Jason
Full Fledged Farker

Glad to hear that people enjoyed watching the event! It was a really fun experience to be on the hosting side and to be able to pop in and out of everyone's cook sites as they're running turn-ins.

Feel free to post here, or shoot me a PM, if there's something you want us to try and capture next time. I can't promise that we'll get it, but it's always good to know what folks are wanting to see. Judging will play in the bigger role in the next one.
BurntFinger_Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 03-18-2019, 10:28 PM   #26
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Jason, I always enjoy seeing cookers (for me, that is the only hotrod I am interested in) but I know you can't do that in the final hour or 30 minutes before meat is coming off.
I also enjoyed the backstage pre-show type stuff "Pork or chicken?" type things where you get to see the lighter side of the cooks.
I thought you all made the judging results pretty fun too, and I caught myself on the edge of my seat on that part.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:46 PM   #27
Toxic q
On the road to being a farker

That was cool really enjoyed it! Few more shots of their turn in boxes, got a couple peeks as they were building them. Like to see that finished product!
Toxic q is offline   Reply With Quote