First Mc'D, then Arby's, then BK, now this

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have this week's grocery store flyers on my desk, and a coworker sees an item and starts oohing and ahhing.

What is it? A bacon-wrapped, cheese-stuffed jalapeno platter.

Seriously?

Can't the stores just leave us alone?

If something is dericious businesses will try to recreate it and sell it to the mass market. Why keep a good thing to yourself. And of course homemade ABTs right off the smoker will blow any store bought ABT's out of the water.

With all the Fine BBQ choices out thereBig Mista endorsed Brisket at Arbys & the new Meat Monster( forgot the name:oops:), Mc Ribs at Ron's steakhouse, and Now the Red Head Windy's(We actually had a toe headed Windy Lovin Wendy in HS:tongue:) PP I think I'll just sell all my stuff and just go out. I mean really, whats the point?? Not to mention all the fuss and clean up then there is the left overs to deal with.........:p

Yeah, those pesky leftovers........

KenBBQ5782011010.jpg

I just make 'Turd Sammiches out of 'em............:wink:

I was describing ABT's to a friend of mine, there was silence, then he said "you have never once made, or even mentioned making, these for the 12 years we have been doing backyard cooks!"

HEB's in Texas have been selling pre-prepared BBQ items like stuffed peppers for a long time now. I don't buy them as they are cheaper to make and not difficult.

Oh, you are in California. That explains a lot...

Kidding... :mrgreen:

Yes, but do the stores and chain restaurants refer to them as 'Turds??? I doubt it, so at least we got that to ourselves!

Yeah, there are a bunch of bar & grills around here that sell them. Some grocery dtoores too. Some are even fried. Ive tried a few and haven't been impresses..