The Wyocena Yacht Club semi-annual Florida trek

Harbormaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We will be making our semi-annual trek to Florida to see half of my in-laws in a month.

The plan is to spend the first day driving to Huntsville, AL and spending the night. We'll hit the US Space and Rocket Center in Hunstville the next day and again spend the night in Huntsville.

The next day we will be traveling from Huntsville to Mobile. We'll hit the USS Alabama and USS Drum the following morning and the US Naval Aviation museum in Pensacola in the afternoon. We'll spend the night in Pensacola and drive to Crystal River the next day.

Any "must eat" places in Huntsville, Mobile, or Pensacola?

Sorry Kapn, not coming through Marianna this year.

Mrs Kapn and I are CRUSHED!!! 8)

Have a great trip Clark.

TIM

I am too.
It's the first time where things work out for us to be able to take our time driving down and to see some of the things we have wanted to see.
Still not going to be able to get to the Makers Mark distillery.

Ha! See if you can get a visit in at MSFC too while you're in Huntsville. I used to love this place for their catfish...

http://www.oldgreenbrier.com/aboutus/

Note: I haven't been there since it became a BBQ joint so I can NOT attest to it's current fare, but it IS an institution of some local renown even still...

Definitely worth a visit. Just don't fill up on hushpuppies... they bring a basket to the table when the take drink orders and they are GOOD!

Definitely worth a visit. Just don't fill up on hushpuppies... they bring a basket to the table when the take drink orders and they are GOOD!

Didn't they used to fish the Flint? Best catfish in the world came from that river/creek. It's all pond raised now...

We will be making our semi-annual trek to Florida to see half of my in-laws in a month.

The plan is to spend the first day driving to Huntsville, AL and spending the night. We'll hit the US Space and Rocket Center in Hunstville the next day and again spend the night in Huntsville.

The next day we will be traveling from Huntsville to Mobile. We'll hit the USS Alabama and USS Drum the following morning and the US Naval Aviation museum in Pensacola in the afternoon. We'll spend the night in Pensacola and drive to Crystal River the next day.

Pensacola.. McGuire's Irish Pub.. Great food, Great Pub.. Google it

I make the winter trip from Indianapolis to Gulf Shores AL, forgot a couple more.
Jacks BBQ downtown Nashville, just off I65
Big Bob Gibson's Decatur AL just off I65
McGuire's Irish Pub south of SR 98 on Gregory St. Pensacola
Pensacola Brewery Co. near McGuire's

Phase 2 complete.

On the way to Mobile, we took a short detour and hooked up with Brethren Morgaj1 (Eric). He led me to a store with a decent selection of local seasonings. Stocked up with 7 big bottles of Southern Flavor and some other stuff.

Made it to Mobile and toured the USS Alabama and USS Drum. Incredible history.

Now in Pensacola, tomorrow the Naval Aviation Museum and the rest of the drive to Crystal River.

Phase 3 complete.

National Naval Aviation Museum earlier today. Spent over 5 hours there and it wasn't enough.

Drove the rest of the way to Crystal River. Pulled in about 20 minutes ago. Hopefully I'll do some rub huntin' tomorrow.

Glad to hear you had a great time and made it safe!!!!

Enjoy the weather And Merry Christmas Brother to you and the family

Phases 4 and 5 are complete.

Spent the week at the in-laws. Beach, hanging with the kids, etc...

Departed Monday morning at 0615 CST and drove as far as Marion, IL. Completed the drive today, got back at about 1415 CST.

Tons of rubs! (SoDT will not be pleased!)

Back